Hurricane Frances Updates!

Old September 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Hurricane Frances Updates!

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Hurricane Frances Updates

Carnival Cruise Lines is closely monitoring Hurricane Frances and any
potential disruption to scheduled sailings.

Presently two sailings have been impacted. Please see the details
below:

FANTASY

The itinerary of the Fantasy sailing departing on 9/2/04 will be
changed to a cruise-to-nowhere. The ship will depart Port Canaveral
promptly at 4:30 pm. Guests currently booked on this sailing have the
following options:

Sail and receive a $100 per person on board credit. Guest will also
receive 50% off a future Carnival cruise of 3-5 days in duration. The
Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed on or before December 15, 2005.
Cancel and rebook on another sailing with no penalty.
Cancel and receive a full refund.

FASCINATION

The Fascination 9/3/04 sailing has been cancelled. Guests may rebook
on another sailing or opt for a refund.

At this time, no additional sailings have been modified. Please check
back with Carnival.com for periodic updates.

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
Mike Cordelli

The airlines have started issuing their statements about it, if you are
flying that way this weekend, keep checking to see what arrangements they
are making (usually allowing you to change the flights to later dates
without a fee)

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

FASCINATION

The Fascination 9/3/04 sailing has been cancelled. Guests may rebook
on another sailing or opt for a refund.

This is a very rare thing, for a cruise to be canceled.

sue

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ebbtide

Brevard Co., The Port Canaveral area is under mandatory evacuation as of 2
pm Thursday. All schools and public offices closed today. Hopefully, this
storm will turn to the east as it approaches land.
Joyce
Ormond Beach,FL

m...

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Hi Everyone,

It appears that Port Everglades is due to close tomorrow morning.
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

09/01/2004 4:03:26 PM
This information was transmitted from the U.S. Coast Guard

Waterfront facilities should remove potential flying debris, hazardous
materials and oil pollution hazards from dockside areas. Container
terminal operators shall reduce container stack heights to no more
than two high, or propose alternative securing arrangements to the
Captain of the Port. Coast Guard Port Survey Teams will be deployed to
conduct initial or follow-up port surveys.

All oceangoing vessels greater than 500 gross tons must depart the
port at least 24 hours prior to the hurricane landfall, anticipated
being at approximately 2:00 AM, September 4, 2004. Mariners should
anticipate the Captain of the Port closing the port(s) of Miami, Port
Everglades, and the Port of Palm Beach to inbound traffic at the
setting of Condition TWO, approximately 8:00 AM, September 2, 2004.

Vessels that are unable to depart the port must have already contacted
the Captain of the Port to request permission to remain in port. Proof
of facility owner/operator approval will be required.

Vessels transiting the port should ensure they have sufficient rug
assistance available.

Vessels bound for this port, which are unable to depart 24 hours prior
to hurricane landfall are advised to seek an alternate destination.

The Captain of the Port may be reached at telephone (305)-535-8701, or
via Channel 16 VHF FM Marine Radio through Coast Guard Sector Miami.

Old September 1st, 2004, 10:03 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Royal Caribbean\Celebrity and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

September 1, 2004 - Hurricane Frances Update - 2:30 p.m

MIAMI -- September 1, 2004 -- 2:30 p.m. -- Royal Caribbean
International and Celebrity Cruises are closely monitoring the path
and progress of Hurricane Frances to ensure our guests enjoy safe and
comfortable cruises and to make certain our ships steer clear of the
storm.

The safety and comfort of our guests are always the foremost concern
of Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises.

We will update our Hurricane Frances information three times daily as
the storm approaches – at 9:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Given
Hurricane Frances’ current and projected path, we are currently
altering the itineraries of six Royal Caribbean International ships
and of no Celebrity Cruises ships:

Royal Caribbean International

Grandeur of the Seas will reverse it itinerary for its August 29
sailing. Tuesday it will call in Nassau, Bahamas, Wednesday it will
call at Freeport, Bahamas, and Thursday it will call at Port
Canaveral, Florida.
Navigator of the Seas will not make its normal port calls at St.
Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, on Tuesday, San Juan, Puerto Rico, on
Wednesday, and Labadee, Hispaniola, on Thursday. Instead, the ship
will make a port calls at St. John, Antigua, on Tuesday, St. Thomas,
U.S. Virgin Islands, on Wednesday, and remain at sea on Thursday.
Adventure of the Seas will not make its normal port call at
Philipsburg, St. Maarten, on Tuesday. Instead, the ship will spend
Tuesday at sea and make a port call at Philipsburg, St Maarten, on
Saturday.
Majesty of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Coco Cay,
Bahamas, on Wednesday. Instead, the ship will make a port call at
Freeport, Bahamas, on Wednesday.
Majesty of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Key West,
Florida, on Thursday. Instead, the ship will end its current cruise
one day earlier than normal, returning to the Port of Miami on
Thursday morning at approximately 7 a.m.
Sovereign of the Seas will end its current cruise one day earlier than
normal, returning to Port Canaveral on Thursday at approximately noon.
Voyager of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Freeport,
Bahamas, on Friday. Instead, the ship will make a port call at Montego
Bay, Jamaica, on Thursday, and spend the day at sea on Friday.

Celebrity Cruises

At this time, all Celebrity Cruises ships are sailing their normal
itineraries.

We will continue to closely monitor the storm and update this
information at 6:30 p.m. today.

back to top
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
villa deauville

We are battening down. We are South East, Florida, 5 miles inland. Our
son who lives on the beach has "come home".
To all who are in the path of this monster, take care. Evacuation has
started on A1A.
Prayers to all

SUNNY

Old September 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM
Howie

villa deauville wrote:

We are battening down. We are South East, Florida, 5 miles inland. Our
son who lives on the beach has "come home".
To all who are in the path of this monster, take care. Evacuation has
started on A1A.
Prayers to all

SUNNY

Keep safe, Sunny.