Going to Barbados This week

Old October 7th, 2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
M Savalier

Default Going to Barbados This week

Anyone have advise or want to talk about it?
Or is this NG really dead once and for all.

--
Dilly
http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

Old October 7th, 2007, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Rosalie B.

"M Savalier" wrote:

Anyone have advise or want to talk about it?
Or is this NG really dead once and for all.

Do you have a question?

I've been to Barbados several times.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/9b7/
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/8abc3/#TL
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/8aecd/#TL
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

On Oct 7, 11:55 am, Rosalie B. wrote:
"M Savalier" wrote:
Anyone have advise or want to talk about it?
Or is this NG really dead once and for all.

Do you have a question?

I've been to Barbados several times.http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/...m/tt/8aecd/#TL

Ignore "Granma Rosalie". If you can only define yourself in terms of
your grandchildren, there's not a lot of basis left.

Have fun in B'dos!

Old October 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
M Savalier

Thank God!
Where have you been hiding? LOL
I have been before and you were a GREAT help. Also Petal and Leaf I think is
the name?
Nothing but Spam in this group for months.
We are going to stay at Sandy Bay Beach Club I hear the Amaryllis chain
bought it. We loved Amaryllis and are very excited about checking out
Sandy Bay.

On our last visit we snorkeled with the turtles shopped in Bridgetown went
to Harbor Lights and the Oinstins Fish Fry.

Not sure what we are doing this trip so we are very open to ideas.
We may do the Turtles again but this time try Tiami.
I want to go to see the rest of the island and see surfing if its going on.
I wanted to rent a car but my hubby is chicken LOL

Old October 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Rosalie B.

"M Savalier" wrote:

Thank God!
Where have you been hiding? LOL
I have been before and you were a GREAT help. Also Petal and Leaf I think is
the name?

His name is Leif. The second time we came (by cruise ship) Leif
rented a car and drove us around the island.

Nothing but Spam in this group for months.
We are going to stay at Sandy Bay Beach Club I hear the Amaryllis chain
bought it. We loved Amaryllis and are very excited about checking out
Sandy Bay.

On our last visit we snorkeled with the turtles shopped in Bridgetown went
to Harbor Lights and the Oinstins Fish Fry.

Not sure what we are doing this trip so we are very open to ideas.
We may do the Turtles again but this time try Tiami.
I want to go to see the rest of the island and see surfing if its going on.

The surfing competition is in late November although there may be some
going on anyway.

I wanted to rent a car but my hubby is chicken LOL

We rented a car the first time we went, and it was fine. You can get
lost, but it is an island, and there's only so far you can go. You
just have to remember to drive on the left.

What to do - well, there are walks that you can take (Welshman's Hall
Gully) and museums (Barbados Museum in Garrison) and plantation houses
and gardens (Andromeda Gardens, Flower Forest, Barbados Wildlife
Reserve, Orchid World) to see.

I think Harrison's Cave may still be closed. Don't know about St.
Nicholas Abbey. That was one of our favorite places the first time we
went. Sudbury Plantation was almost as good. Farley Hill was
interesting, but not a 'must-see'. Some people like touring the rum
factory. I haven't gotten to that yet.

There used to be a multi-location ticket that you could buy which
allowed you to go to several different things for one price but I
don't see it listed anymore.

Old October 7th, 2007, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
M Savalier

I was at your travel pages today and I inhaled every word!
We have been to several islands but so far Barbados is my favorite I cant
wait to see if we love it just as much this time.

Old October 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Rosalie B.

"M Savalier" wrote:

I was at your travel pages today and I inhaled every word!
We have been to several islands but so far Barbados is my favorite I cant
wait to see if we love it just as much this time.

That's sweet of you to say. Your question made me look at my pages
and realize that I'd not really written up the two cruise ship visits.

We are going to be back there (by cruise ship) in December, and I need
to think about what we are going to do.
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
M Savalier

I cant wait to read it.
How long will you be in Barbados this trip?
We loved the turtles that was just so surreal. We used Cool Runnings last
time maybe Tiami this time

Old October 8th, 2007, 05:03 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/7/2007 1:09 PM consulted a Magic 8 Ball and
declared:

"M Savalier" wrote:

Anyone have advise or want to talk about it?
Or is this NG really dead once and for all.

Do you have a question?

I've been to Barbados several times.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/...m/tt/8aecd/#TL

Ignore "Granma Rosalie". If you can only define yourself in terms of
your grandchildren, there's not a lot of basis left.

Have fun in B'dos!

On the contrary, *don't* ignore Grandma Rosalie. She is an extremely
experienced traveler willing to share that experience be it a land based
vacation or cruise, or best scuba spots.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Rosalie B.

"M Savalier" wrote:

Anyone have advise or want to talk about it?
Or is this NG really dead once and for all.

Do you have a question?

I've been to Barbados several times.

This is the outline of what we did on the land trip
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/9b7/
This is the narrative of what we did when Leif drove us
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/8abc3/#TL
These were the tours we took on the second cruise ship visit.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/8aecd/#TL

Ignore "Granma Rosalie". If you can only define yourself in terms of
your grandchildren, there's not a lot of basis left.

Have fun in B'dos!

Not that it matters, but I don't define myself in terms of my
grandchildren. I define myself in terms of my children LOL

Seriously - I got onto the internet for the first time circa 1994-1995
and I tried some chat rooms at first and found that they were mostly
inhabited by prepubescent boys. I didn't want to pretend to be a
male, but I didn't want to have to fend off all that verbal harassment
either. So I figured calling myself grandma would make it clear what
my age and stage in life was. (And I also abandoned chat rooms)

On the contrary, *don't* ignore Grandma Rosalie. She is an extremely
experienced traveler willing to share that experience be it a land based
vacation or cruise, or best scuba spots.

Thanks - it's lots of fun to plan trips. I'm doing my winter trip
now.