St. Lucia

Old October 28th, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Sally Koel

Default St. Lucia

Anyone been to St. Lucia? We are going in January, staying at the
Sandals Regency. Any info about fun things to see and do would be great.

Old October 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
mdm

On Oct 28, 6:12 pm, (Sally Koel) wrote:
Anyone been to St. Lucia? We are going in January, staying at the
Sandals Regency. Any info about fun things to see and do would be great.

St. Lucia is a very beautiful island. I would recommend bathing in
the Sulphur Springs (its supposed to be wonderful for your skin) with
the locals and going on the rainforest hikes :-) They also have fish
fries every weekend (go to the one in Anse LeRaye on Friday)..

Old October 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

On Oct 28, 6:12 pm, (Sally Koel) wrote:
Anyone been to St. Lucia? We are going in January, staying at the
Sandals Regency. Any info about fun things to see and do would be great.

Is that the sandals at the airport?

Chuck

Old October 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
M Savalier

I think that is the old Club Med

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

ups.com...

Old October 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Laura Billmers

Sally Koel wrote:
Anyone been to St. Lucia? We are going in January, staying at the
Sandals Regency. Any info about fun things to see and do would be great.

We are staying at Sandals Halcyon in December. It will be a return trip
for us. Check out all 3 Sandals. We loved La Toc at the Regency. Also
loved the Pier and Mario's at Halcyon. Sandals provides a free frequent
shuttle among the 3 resorts so you can check them all out. Take the
land/sea catamarran trip to Soufriere. You may be getting it for free
if you booked a Premium or higher room. Sandals is a blast, IMHO. Any
questions? St Lucia is beautiful. Sandals is great. You will have a
wonderful time!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:26 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Cindy

We have stopped there several times on cruises. Even took a cat right past
the resort. Loved the botanical gardens and the drive thru volcano.
Have a great time!
Cindy

Old November 13th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Christina K

I was in St. Lucia a couple of years ago on a 7 day cruise. It was the
most beautiful stop of the week. We didnt have a whole lot of time to
explore since time is limited on a cruise. We went a did a mountain
biking excursion in the jungle. It was really nice but would love to see
more. Want to go see the Pitons, they are magnificent looking. I am
going back in January on another cruise so I hope to see more then. If I
had to pick a place in the Caribbean to go for a week St. Lucia would be
one of them.

--
Christina K
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Old November 16th, 2009, 08:46 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Jerry Bishop

On 2009-11-13 18:07:48 -0500, Christina K
said:

I was in St. Lucia a couple of years ago on a 7 day cruise. It was the
most beautiful stop of the week. We didnt have a whole lot of time to
explore since time is limited on a cruise. We went a did a mountain
biking excursion in the jungle. It was really nice but would love to see
more. Want to go see the Pitons, they are magnificent looking. I am
going back in January on another cruise so I hope to see more then. If I
had to pick a place in the Caribbean to go for a week St. Lucia would be
one of them.

My wife and I got married in St. Lucia last year. I agree that this is
a beautiful island. If you really want to see it, ditch the cruise, buy
some plane tickets and spend a week. We started our trip in Rodney Bay;
nice but not great beach, good restaurants,. Then to East Winds Inn
south of Castries; all-inclusive, nice, small, and secluded beach,
close to town for shopping but still with an "isolated" feel. Got
married in Marigot Bay; most gorgeous location on the island, stayed
one night up on the hills surrounding the bay. Finally spent a couple
nights at Ti Kaye Village further south; fantastic lodging, very nice
secluded beach and a nice day trip to Souffriere to see the Pitons,
botanical gardens and the "drive-through" volcanoe.

The people are very friendly, the guides and taxi drivers knowledgeable
and most everyone speaks English. The only down-side is that the
poverty there and most Caribbean islands is heart-breaking. I strongly
recommend St. Lucia as a wedding, vacation, or any other kind of
destination.

Jerry

P.S. We are spending out first anniversary in Barbados, so we'll have a
chance to compare.

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:12 AM
henryg henryg is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Koel View Post
Any info about fun things to see and do would be great.
Yes a lot of the people visiting St. Lucia are from cruise ships travelling through the Caribbean. I recommend visiting the island by air over boat though, if you really wish to see everything this Island has to offer it is by far your best option.

Some great things you must make a priority to see in Soufriere are at the Diamond Botanical Gardens. These include the hot natural sulphur springs and Diamond Waterfall- the gardens there are incredible, very diverse with many different things to see.

The amazing volcano there (which I'm sure you've heard about) is also nearby and a popular attraction that you will no doubt want to check out. If you're going to do all these you'll need to make sure that you allow enough time to see each without having to rush- starting early is best.

Other places not to miss outside of Castries include Gros Islet and Marigot Bay. Fort Rodney at Pigeon Island National Park is also worth visiting as it has some interesting history and some great scenery.

I hope this gives you some more ideas, all the best with your trip!

Henry