Baths and/or Spas?

Old December 17th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Javaman

Default Baths and/or Spas?

I'm interested in visiting some Baths/Spas on my next trip to Europe,
especially in Germany or Central Europe.

Anybody have any suggestions OR recommendations from your
own experiences?

I'm not looking for resorts with hotels, just facilities for day visits,
with pools, saunas, steam, massage, etc. Not terribly expensive would be a
plus!

THANKS in advance!

Old December 17th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Beau Nidle

Javaman wrote:

I'm interested in visiting some Baths/Spas on my next trip to Europe,
especially in Germany or Central Europe.

Anybody have any suggestions OR recommendations from your
own experiences?

I'm not looking for resorts with hotels, just facilities for day visits,
with pools, saunas, steam, massage, etc. Not terribly expensive would be a
plus!

THANKS in advance!

Badenweiler - Southern Black Forest
Baden-Baden - Black Forest
Leukerbad - Valais region of Switzerland

Beau
--
Derilict - a pleasant experience in Ireland.

The views and expressions contained in this message do not necessarily
coincide with those of my employer.

Old December 17th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Javaman

st wrote:

Budapest. Cheap.

Hmmmm. Actually, I had been thinking about heading in that
direction. Thanks!!

Old December 17th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Javaman

Beau Nidle wrote:
Badenweiler - Southern Black Forest
Baden-Baden - Black Forest
Leukerbad - Valais region of Switzerland

Beau

Thanks, I'll do a little research on these!

Old December 17th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Georg Holderied

Javaman wrote:

I'm interested in visiting some Baths/Spas on my next trip to Europe,
especially in Germany or Central Europe.

The Therme in Vals, Switzerland the most beautiful spa I know.
While you can just visit the Spa I'd recommend you to stay at the hotel
Therme which includes unlimited bathing and longer opening hours.
Food and service are excellent.

http://www.therme-vals.ch/?language=en

It doesn't have the hospital atmosphere many spas have.

If the hotel is too expensive for you it is still worth to stop and visit
the spa .

George

Old December 17th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Martin Stock

"Javaman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm interested in visiting some Baths/Spas on my next trip to Europe,
especially in Germany or Central Europe.

Anybody have any suggestions OR recommendations from your
own experiences?

I'm not looking for resorts with hotels, just facilities for day visits,
with pools, saunas, steam, massage, etc. Not terribly expensive would be a
plus!

THANKS in advance!

Baden-Baden (a well renowned spa town)
http://www.baden-baden.de/en/index.html
- Friedrichsbad, Caracalla Spa
http://www.carasana.de/index.cfm?fus...=chlang&lang=1

Stuttgart - Bad Canstatt (not renowned as a spa city, but has the 2nd
biggest springs after Budapest)
http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/engl...ess/index.html
- Mineral Bath Cannstatt (opening times and prices)
http://www.stuttgart.de/baeder/xml/xsl/stat146.html

General info for Germany on this:
http://www.germany-tourism.de/e/18813.html

Royal Spas in Europe: