Carnival news..... fuel charge and fares

Old April 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Carnival news..... fuel charge and fares

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/1...t-restore.html

Carnival says that even though the price of oil is going up, there are
no plans to implement fuel surcharges at this time.

Carnival Cruise Lines Vice-Chairman says that in the past 9 weeks, fares
have gone up 26% compared to the same time period last year. He called
this
``a very positive indication the consumer is coming back.''

If you want to see some extreme pricing, look at any newer ship
departing on December 26 this year. For the first time ever... I have
seen inside cabins go for over $2000 pp for an INSIDE. (Allure of the
Seas, Dec 26 sailing)

At the other extreme, I am seeing a very few last minute Alaska sailings
at $399 inside for past passengers. These are on eh North/South
itineraries and air seats will be hard to find... and if available, very
expensive.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old April 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

George Leppla wrote:
[...]

You're seeing "a very few" last minute sailings at $399?
And my email today shows Princess offering a bunch of 7-9 day Carib
cruises for $397 a bunch more Alaska at $399 and a whole ****load of Med
and Greece for $799-999.
I don't even read the NCL offers anymore. Weekly Carnival emails for
under $400 for a week.
And you a big time cruise only travel agent.
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Got an offer from vacations to go for a 10 day cruise to the caribbean
from cape liberty for $639 including port taxes,oct.28th,we are
thinkingabout it , we like the itin.and especially the 5 days at sea.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(George*Leppla) wrote:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1578
047/carnival-cruise-lines-wont-restore.html

Carnival says that even though the price of oil
is going up, there are no plans to implement
fuel surcharges at this time.

I hope this includes all the cruise lines that are part of the Carnival
family, not just carnival Cruise Line.

Old April 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

On 4/17/2010 6:49 AM, Jeff Gersten wrote:
(George Leppla) wrote:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1578
047/carnival-cruise-lines-wont-restore.html

Carnival says that even though the price of oil
is going up, there are no plans to implement
fuel surcharges at this time.

I hope this includes all the cruise lines that are part of the Carnival
family, not just carnival Cruise Line.

Yep... Arison was talking as the head of Carnival Corp.

The info about Carnival Cruise Lines booking increases came from
Carnival Cruise Lines.

Old April 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(George*Leppla) wrte:

(George Leppla) wrote:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/15
78047/carnival-cruise-lines-wont-restore.ht
ml

Carnival says that even though the price of
oil is going up, there are no plans to
implement fuel surcharges at this time.

I hope this includes all the cruise lines that
are part of the Carnival family, not just
carnival Cruise Line.

Yep... Arison was talking as the head of
Carnival Corp.

Good, I thought this was the case, but there always is a risk in just
assuming. Since we're sailing on Princess this summer, this is good
news.

Old April 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

(George Leppla) wrte:

(George Leppla) wrote:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/15
78047/carnival-cruise-lines-wont-restore.ht
ml

Carnival says that even though the price of
oil is going up, there are no plans to
implement fuel surcharges at this time.

I hope this includes all the cruise lines that
are part of the Carnival family, not just
carnival Cruise Line.

Yep... Arison was talking as the head of
Carnival Corp.

Good, I thought this was the case, but there always is a risk in just
assuming. Since we're sailing on Princess this summer, this is good
news.

We are on the Carnival Triumph three weeks from today. It might be my
last Carnival cruise for a while.

After that we have Oasis OTS in October and the Eclipse in February.

I'm thinking of squeezing in an NCL cruise sometime in the next year.
I've been pretty down on NCL, but I am starting to get some positive
feedback about service and food on the ships... and I always liked the
entertainment. Things change and I hope it is true that NCL is changing
for the better.

Old April 21st, 2010, 05:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Borked Psuedo Mailed :

George Leppla wrote:
[...]

You missed the part about Dec 26. I agree with George on pricing. You
can get great deals is you're willing to make some comprimises. Like
dates/ships/itineraries.

I get deals all the time from MSC that sound really, really, really
good. $85 per diem for a balcony? But very few Americans I know
(please correct me, someone) liked the line. Best comment? "too
damned European". And "they didn't have any real Italian food".
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th.
Taxes are due on April 15th.