great dismal swamp megasite

Old March 15th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Bill

Default great dismal swamp megasite

Hello all!

I would like to reach boaters, historians, and travelers that are
interested in helping with articles, travel info, and historical
references to the Great Dismal Swamp.

I am the webmaster for www.dismalswamp.net which is a site dedicated
to the immediate need for funding to be preserved for the Great Dismal
Swam and Canal. However, beyond this funding issues (which I hope
you will participate and write your congressman for help) I would like
contributing writers and historians to help with this site.

The Great Dismal Swamp Megasite will continue as the primary authority
site for the Great Dismal Swamp even beyond the current budget issues
facing this great waterway.

If you would like more information on the Great Dismal Swamp, or if
you would like to help fight budget cuts for this great waterway,
please contact me right away at www.dismalswamp.net

If you are going to be traveling anywhere near the North Carolina and
Virginia Border on the East, you might want to include a plesant
drive through route 17 which is parallel to the Great Dismal Swamp.
For boaters, there are facilities in Deep Creek Virginia
(Chesapeake), South Mills North Carolina, and of course, Elizabeth
City North Carolina.

I do not check this newsgroup often, so if you care to reach me please
go to the Great Dismal Swamp Megasite at www.dismalswamp.net to reach
me.

Bill

please contact me right away at www.dismalswamp.net

If you are going to be traveling anywhere near the North Carolina and
Virginia Border on the East, you might want to include a pleasant
drive through route 17 which is parallel to the Great Dismal Swamp.
For boaters, there are facilities in Deep Creek Virginia
(Chesapeake), South Mills North Carolina, and of course, Elizabeth
City North Carolina.

I do not check this newsgroup often, so if you care to reach me please
go to the Great Dismal Swamp Megasite at www.dismalswamp.net to reach
me.

Bill

There's also a Great Dismal Swamp in New Jersey. When it came to
wetlands it looks like our forefathers weren't very original. If you're
going to call it a Megasite, maybe it would be good if it covered every
Great Dismal Swamp in the US.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.