From Los Angeles to San Francisco

Old July 6th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Sonia

Default From Los Angeles to San Francisco

Hi,
In September, my friends and I, we are going on a road trip. The last
part we are planning on spending in California. On the 18th of
September we will leave Las Vegas.
We need to leave from SF by 26th. I was thinking about spending 1 day
in Palm Springs and see desserts on the way there; 3 days in LA (
don't know what to do there yet: Universal Studios, walk of fame etc).
And we still have 2 day till 24th when I would like to reach SF. I
read that H-way 1 is very pretty. So that would be our h-way to SF. We
need to spend 2 night along there. Has anyone have any suggestions
which towns are the best to stop by? Since the first part of this
vacation will be rather intense, the few days along h-way 1 we'd like
to be more "lazy" and relaxing.
Thanks for all advices!

Sonia

http://www.dietplans4u.org
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:22 AM
alohacyberian

"Sonia" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
In September, my friends and I, we are going on a road trip. The last
part we are planning on spending in California. On the 18th of
September we will leave Las Vegas.
We need to leave from SF by 26th. I was thinking about spending 1 day
in Palm Springs and see desserts on the way there; 3 days in LA (
don't know what to do there yet: Universal Studios, walk of fame etc).
And we still have 2 day till 24th when I would like to reach SF. I
read that H-way 1 is very pretty. So that would be our h-way to SF. We
need to spend 2 night along there. Has anyone have any suggestions
which towns are the best to stop by? Since the first part of this
vacation will be rather intense, the few days along h-way 1 we'd like
to be more "lazy" and relaxing.

I'd recommend staying at San Simeon (Home of Hearst Castle) on the coast
which will put you about halfway to San Francisco. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old July 6th, 2004, 10:31 AM
sordidaffair

"Sonia" wrote in message
m...

We need to leave from SF by 26th. I was thinking about spending 1 day
in Palm Springs and see desserts on the way there...

Palm Springs isn't very exciting as desert cities go, especially when
compared to Vegas . I would drive straight through to LA. unless you have
a specific area of interest or destination in Palm Springs.

3 days in LA (
don't know what to do there yet: Universal Studios, walk of fame etc).

DO THE RESEARCH!!!! L.A is not geared towards the casual tourist and if you
stick to the obvious tourist traps like Universal Studios you will likely be
disappointed. That said, there is a wealth of activities here to suit any
interest. But you must do you research first! Start he
http://www.laokay.com/ and here http://tinyurl.com/2v6ea. Consider getting
free tickets to a TV taping while in town.
http://www.tvtickets.com/default.htm If you're interested in the history of
Hollywood filmmaking, take the Warner Bros' VIP tour
http://www.seeing-stars.com/StudioTo...BrosTour.shtml. Rent bicycles
in Marina del Rey or Venice. Zuma Beach is a nice place to catch some rays
and waves http://beaches.co.la.ca.us/BandH/Beaches/Main.htm.

And we still have 2 day till 24th when I would like to reach SF. I
read that H-way 1 is very pretty.

You can't take Highway 1 all the way from LA to San Francisco. The most
scenic portion is roughly from Morro Bay to the Monterey Peninsula. You
should consider Highway 101 for the remainder of the journey. Rand McNally
makes a good road atlas.

So that would be our h-way to SF. We
need to spend 2 night along there. Has anyone have any suggestions
which towns are the best to stop by?

Try the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo http://www.madonnainn.com/, Hearst
Castle in San Simeon http://www.hearstcastle.com/. It might be a little
early, but you can see if the monarch butterflies have migrated to the
central coast yet http://www.93950.com/monarchs.htm

Old July 6th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Mtwhitney62

if you stay near Hearst Casle stop to see the elephant seals on the beach
nearby.
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Mtwhitney62

Old July 6th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Sonia

Palm Springs isn't very exciting as desert cities go, especially when
compared to Vegas . I would drive straight through to LA. unless you have
a specific area of interest or destination in Palm Springs.

I will take that under consideration.
So do you suggest spending more days in LA or is it better to explore
California (between LA and SF) more?

3 days in LA (
don't know what to do there yet: Universal Studios, walk of fame etc).

DO THE RESEARCH!!!! L.A is not geared towards the casual tourist and if you
stick to the obvious tourist traps like Universal Studios you will likely be
disappointed. That said, there is a wealth of activities here to suit any
interest. But you must do you research first! Start he
http://www.laokay.com/ and here http://tinyurl.com/2v6ea. Consider getting
free tickets to a TV taping while in town.
http://www.tvtickets.com/default.htm If you're interested in the history of
Hollywood filmmaking, take the Warner Bros' VIP tour
http://www.seeing-stars.com/StudioTo...BrosTour.shtml. Rent bicycles
in Marina del Rey or Venice. Zuma Beach is a nice place to catch some rays
and waves http://beaches.co.la.ca.us/BandH/Beaches/Main.htm.

Thanks a lot! Most of those links give me so many ideas for things to
do in LA.

You can't take Highway 1 all the way from LA to San Francisco. The most
scenic portion is roughly from Morro Bay to the Monterey Peninsula. You
should consider Highway 101 for the remainder of the journey. Rand McNally
makes a good road atlas.

Yes, I meant 101 and then highway 1. Rand McNally is the atlas I look
at now.

Try the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo http://www.madonnainn.com/

This place is bit too expensive for our budget. We're gonna spend so
much money on this trip anyway...so we try to stay in more economy
kind of hotels.

Thank you whole lot for all the info!!!
I still need to decide where would be the best places to stop on the
way to SF.

Sonia
http://www.dietplans4u.org

Old July 6th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Peter L

"Sonia" wrote in message
m...
Palm Springs isn't very exciting as desert cities go, especially when
compared to Vegas . I would drive straight through to LA. unless you

have
a specific area of interest or destination in Palm Springs.

I will take that under consideration.

You may want to take the aerial tram way up the mountain in Palm springs for
a panoramic view. Also the desert museum is a fine museum.

So do you suggest spending more days in LA or is it better to explore
California (between LA and SF) more?

Depends on your interests. LA is a huge city. Between LA and SF (along the
coast) has a lot of beach and scenic drives. Also small coastal cities.