Phuket vs Koh Samui plus other questions

Old April 19th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Chick

Default Phuket vs Koh Samui plus other questions

I am looking to go to Phuket or Koh Samui in mid June and I have a
couple of questions.

1. Has anyone been to both places and which of the two would you
recommend (I have visited Phuket before)?
2. Which is the drier of the two at this time (mid June) of year -
this might help me decide!?

If I end up in Phuket..

1. Has anyone stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort recently and would you
recommend it?
2. Are there any other resorts close to, but not in Patong. I want to
be able to
relax but get to Patong for a change or for that matter are there
other parts which are lively too - I stayed at the Sheraton Laguna
previously but felt very tied to the resort as it was quite isolated
when you try to venture away from the resort.

If I end up going to Koh Samui..

Where is best to stay I'm looking for 4* accomodation?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Jarema

1. Has anyone been to both places and which of the two would you
recommend (I have visited Phuket before)?

Hello

I have been in this two places. It depends what you want, how old are you
and what are you looking for. Please write me and I will try to answer. I
was in Oatong on Phuket and in Chaweng on Samui. Chawent is less noisy than
Phuket but maybe you are looking for bars, discos, etc.? Please write what
you want and giving advice will be easier.

2. Which is the drier of the two at this time (mid June) of year -
this might help me decide!?

I am not sure but.... Samui. But please check it.

If I end up in Phuket..

1. Has anyone stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort recently and would you
recommend it?

I haven't been there but I heard that it is really great.

Where is best to stay I'm looking for 4* accomodation?

But on which beach? As it is in Phuket- on Samui you have diffrent beaches
whcich are really diffrent.

Best Regards
Michal

Old April 19th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Peter Loumann

"Jarema" skrev:

was in Oatong on Phuket and in Chaweng on Samui. Chawent is less noisy than
Phuket but maybe you are looking for bars, discos, etc.?

Guess you mean Patong. Patong = bars, discos, etc. = noisy. But Patong
ist not = Phuket. I find Patong disgusting. I find Phuket lovely.

--
hilsen pl (peloda hos tiscali her i landet)
http://pedalo.dk/thailand/
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Philip Allum

I have never been to Samui but usually manage to get to Phuket at least
once a year.

June is the middle of the Southwest monsoon in Phuket with frequent rain
and the possibility of strong winds making west facing beaches
unsuitable or downright dangerous for swimming.

The one advantage of the Sheraton Laguna is that you can use the
facilities of all the other hotels in the Laguna complex but whether you
can swim off the beach in June is questionable.

In message , Chick
writes