Chirac warns of 'African flood'

Old July 16th, 2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Dave Frightens Me

Default Chirac warns of 'African flood'

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:23:19 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Jim Ley writes:

how does the licensing scheme work?

They take an exam. If they pass, they can have children. If they
don't, they can't. Just like becoming a pilot.

I'd love to see what type of exam that would entail, and just how they
would stop the failers from breeding.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
NightRaven

Jim Ley wrote:
On 15 Jul 2006 14:16:52 -0700, "R. Lander"

wrote:

Many biologists conclude that 2 billion may be the maximum
sustainable level after oil peaks and crashes.

And in the 60's many believed 4 billion based on food, turned
out to
be complete bunkum just like wherever that url might've taken
me.

The only reason we are able to uphold our standard of living,
(and not starve), is because the third world is starving today.
It's that simple, we just pushed the problems of a too large
population over on third world countries, the results can be seen
today in the massive hunger catastrophies in other countries.
Eventually it will catch up to us though, it's like a tree
lighting setting it's roots on fire to stop from freezing to
death.
We *are* too many people today, but the answer is not in reducing
the population in Africa, but rather in Europe, US, Mexico and
Japan for instance.

- NightRaven

Old July 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
JohnT[_1_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Ley writes:

how does the licensing scheme work?

They take an exam. If they pass, they can have children. If they
don't, they can't. Just like becoming a pilot.

You are totally mad.

JohnT

Old July 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc

JohnT wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Ley writes:

how does the licensing scheme work?

They take an exam. If they pass, they can have children. If they
don't, they can't. Just like becoming a pilot.

You are totally mad.

He's a damn good pilot though. The only time he's crashed that I
remember from his blog was when he went to do some washing and left the
game, sorry, simluator on auto-pilot.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

I'd love to see what type of exam that would entail, and just how they
would stop the failers from breeding.

An extremely severe prison term would work pretty well. And of course
unlicensed parents would forfeit any children they had before going to
prison.

The exam shouldn't be too much trouble. We have exams for pilots,
doctors, and lawyers; we can certain devise exams for prospective
parents.

Old July 16th, 2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc

Mxsmanic wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

I'd love to see what type of exam that would entail, and just how they
would stop the failers from breeding.

An extremely severe prison term would work pretty well. And of course
unlicensed parents would forfeit any children they had before going to
prison.

The exam shouldn't be too much trouble. We have exams for pilots,
doctors, and lawyers; we can certain devise exams for prospective
parents.

Do you think it's possible Mixi has actually started drinking?

Old July 16th, 2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Mxsmanic

NightRaven writes:

The only reason we are able to uphold our standard of living,
(and not starve), is because the third world is starving today.

Hardly. Much of the Third World would be starving either way.

Most of the Third World's problems are of its own making, contrary to
popular opinion.

We *are* too many people today, but the answer is not in reducing
the population in Africa, but rather in Europe, US, Mexico and
Japan for instance.

The poorest populations are the ones that must be reduced most
urgently, otherwise they will never have the same standard of living
as the richest populations.

Old July 16th, 2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Dave Frightens Me

wrote:

Many biologists conclude that 2 billion may be the maximum
sustainable level after oil peaks and crashes.

And in the 60's many believed 4 billion based on food, turned
out to
be complete bunkum just like wherever that url might've taken
me.

The only reason we are able to uphold our standard of living,
(and not starve), is because the third world is starving today.

That is complete bull****. We have our standard of living due to
having a history of being organised - end of story. No one needs to
starve for our prosperity.

It's that simple, we just pushed the problems of a too large
population over on third world countries, the results can be seen
today in the massive hunger catastrophies in other countries.
Eventually it will catch up to us though, it's like a tree
lighting setting it's roots on fire to stop from freezing to
death.
We *are* too many people today, but the answer is not in reducing
the population in Africa, but rather in Europe, US, Mexico and
Japan for instance.

You have a serious guilt complex, eh?
--
---
Old July 16th, 2006, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
JohnT[_1_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy" wrote in
message news:1hikzxi.10fzo4c11mdtwsN%this_address_is_for_s ...
JohnT wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Ley writes:

how does the licensing scheme work?

They take an exam. If they pass, they can have children. If they
don't, they can't. Just like becoming a pilot.

You are totally mad.

He's a damn good pilot though. The only time he's crashed that I
remember from his blog was when he went to do some washing and left the
game, sorry, simluator on auto-pilot.

So that means he gets a licence to procreate? (Don't answer that!).

JohnT

Old July 16th, 2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
JohnT[_1_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy" wrote in
message news:1hil0br.8q3q3g13tzo5cN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
Mxsmanic wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

I'd love to see what type of exam that would entail, and just how they
would stop the failers from breeding.

An extremely severe prison term would work pretty well. And of course
unlicensed parents would forfeit any children they had before going to
prison.

The exam shouldn't be too much trouble. We have exams for pilots,
doctors, and lawyers; we can certain devise exams for prospective
parents.

Do you think it's possible Mixi has actually started drinking?

Perhaps he is in love?

JohnT