Cheap European airfare (short notice) ?

Old March 19th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Thomas Peel

Default Cheap European airfare (short notice) ?

steve schrieb:

How about this guys:

I'm looking for a low cost way to travel from a few cities in Europe.

I need a flight from Brussels to Berlin, then from Prague (or even
Budapest) back to Brussels.

Judging by this site http://www.whichbudget.com/ - Brussels is not a
good place to start from.
Ryanair has announced it is pulling out of Charleroi.

While in Milan last year, I saw a sign in the train station that said
"anywhere in Europe, $70 euro". That is what I'm looking for, it was
cheap, flexible and sounded like I can fly on short notice (since I
don't know if I will leave from Prague or Budapest on my return to
Brussels).

Germania Express has fixed price flights in that range, have a look at
www.gexx.de. However, they don't fly Brussels or Prague- you could use a
train connection Düsseldorf-Brussels and Vienna-Budapest. Germanwings
flies Prague, Berlin and Budapest from Cologne. Their walkup prices are
over 200 Euros oneway. Cologne-Brussels by train is about 2 hours.

Vbird has flights for 99€ to Vienna, 69€ to Berlin from Niederrhein-
the downside, it's in the middle of nowhere (a Ryanair site).

I've searched the internet, but as you all know it's hard to find the
good deals (the same damn websites keep coming up).

Best case would be to buy the ticket(s) the day before I fly to my
next stop.

I am a grad student and have a student ID if that matters, but I may
not be young enough for some of those discounts...

Thanks in advance, and please post your reply here.