The narcotic Birther issue

Old April 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
DVH[_1_]

Default The narcotic Birther issue

"I think the birther issue is good for the country. A modern republic needs
some simple and unimportant issues to keep its citizens invested in the
process. The important issues of our time are far too complicated for the
average person, and I count myself in that group. We need a few simple
issues so we can be part of the political conversation without hurting
anything. The last thing our system of government needs is regular citizens
getting involved in Middle East strategy, healthcare reform, the budget,
climate change, or anything else that might matter.

Most citizens would lose all interest in government if there were no issues
they could grasp. In a perfect world, the largely clueless citizenry,
including me, would feel as if we're part of the system while having no
power to break anything important. The birther issue is sort of like letting
your toddler have a toy steering wheel in his car seat. He feels as if he's
doing something useful and you don't have to rely on him to keep you out of
the ravine."

http://dilbert.com/blog/entry/birthers/

Old May 1st, 2011, 01:52 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
Jigsaw1695

On Apr 30, 4:45*pm, "DVH" wrote:
[...]

Good post.....It seems that the medias biased attention to Sarah Palin
got the people attentioon about politics. Now they watch every move
made, be he democrat or republican.

Jigsaw
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:31 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jigsaw1695 wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, "DVH" wrote:
[...]

.....With about the same degree of intelligence that led to the Alaska
soccer mom's elevation to political prominence! (One could almost wish
the latest "the world is about to end" religious nuts are right - better
that than a government run by similar mental deficients!)
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
john bennett

On May 1, 3:31*am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Jigsaw1695 wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, "DVH" wrote:
[...]

The mental deficients running the US at the moment are doing a damn
fine job of it.
You must be proud to be part of it!
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
Mr.Bean

On 30/04/11 21:45, DVH wrote:
"I think the birther issue is good for the country. A modern republic needs
some simple and unimportant issues to keep its citizens invested in the
process.

I think the majority of u.s. citizens consider adherence to the
constitution an important matter.
Mr.Bean.
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
Mr.Bean

On 01/05/11 03:31, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jigsaw1695 wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, "DVH" wrote:
[...]

re the religious nuts, do they have a website as i would like to follow
their crazy enterprise and see their responses on the 22nd.
Mr.Bean.
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
Charlie[_4_]

"Mr.Bean" wrote in message
On 30/04/11 21:45, DVH wrote:
"I think the birther issue is good for the country. A modern republic
needs
some simple and unimportant issues to keep its citizens invested in the
process.

I think the majority of u.s. citizens consider adherence to the
constitution an important matter.
Mr.Bean.

A majority of U.S. citizens do not know what is in the costitution.
They only become aware of bits and pieces when the media brings those bits
and pieces to the public's attention.

Charlie

Old May 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe
DVH[_1_]

"Mr.Bean" wrote in message
On 30/04/11 21:45, DVH wrote:
"I think the birther issue is good for the country. A modern republic
needs
some simple and unimportant issues to keep its citizens invested in the
process.

I think the majority of u.s. citizens consider adherence to the
constitution an important matter.

I think you're probably right, and that's a good thing.

Old May 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement,soc.culture.europe

wrote:
Jigsaw1695 wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, "DVH" wrote:
[...]

You're kidding, of course? If the U.S. were not the only allegedly
"developed" country in the world that did not provide its citizens with
medical care (hence my U.S. medical "insurance" does not cover me
overseas) I would have been long gone to more civilized parts of the
world, once I retired!