How is the weather in UK in Nov - Dec (England & Scotland)

Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:06 AM
Rita Daggett

Default How is the weather in UK in Nov - Dec (England & Scotland)

"6656" wrote in message
om...
We ( My wife, 2 kids aged 8 and 9 and myself) plan to visit London and
spent a week in england and another in scotland during Nov & Dec this
year.

We like to know how is the weather in these 2 areas during this
period. As long it is not raining all the time, we are ok with it if
not we might have to push back to July 04.

no-one so far seems to have mentioned fog - highly probable in Nov and Dec
(and could affect travel arrangements). Days will be short, and likely to
be fairly cold and damp - but whether this matters to you depends a lot on
what you are planning to do during your stay.

--
Rita Daggett

Old September 22nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Reid©

Following up to 6656

a week in england and another in scotland during Nov & Dec this
year.

We like to know how is the weather in these 2 areas during this
period. As long it is not raining all the time,

probably worst time of year for rain, but anything may happen.
Scotland in November/December will be dark *very* early. Serious
snow in Scottish highlands is quite likely towards the end of
that period
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:40 AM
Jim Ley

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:06:16 +0100, "Rita Daggett"
wrote:

no-one so far seems to have mentioned fog - highly probable in Nov and Dec
(and could affect travel arrangements).

Really, I only lived there for 5 years, and didn't see much fog,
occasional mornings were foggy, but not that many.

Jim.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:04 PM
Reid©

Following up to Jim Ley

no-one so far seems to have mentioned fog - highly probable in Nov and Dec
(and could affect travel arrangements).

Really, I only lived there for 5 years, and didn't see much fog,
occasional mornings were foggy, but not that many.

There used to be a lot of smog up to the clean air act in
something like 1950 when coal burning was banned. You now get
mists over the river and parks on October mornings but "a foggy
day in London town" is pretty unusual nowadays.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:13 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Rita Daggett" wrote in message

no-one so far seems to have mentioned fog - highly probable in Nov and

Dec
(and could affect travel arrangements). Days will be short, and likely to
be fairly cold and damp - but whether this matters to you depends a lot on
what you are planning to do during your stay.

Not just then. I was driving from Newcastle to Manchester (A1, M1, M62)
yesterday and had quite bad patchy fog for a large proportion of the trip.