food on airplane

Old January 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,alt.vacations.las-vegas
Nonnymus[_4_]

Default food on airplane

Since I always have bought a burger or sub to eat on a SW flight just
before boarding, I admit to never having focused in on this question:
While I know that TSA confiscates most liquids carried through security,
what's their position on hamburgers, fries, Arby's sandwiches and even
KFC?

To date, I've not read of the terrorist creeps developing an exploding
chicken leg, and outside of intestinal gas created by fast food
sandwiches, I don't see how they could disrupt an otherwise exhilarating
6-hour flight crammed into an aluminum cigar tube careening across the
sky. I know that here in 'Vegas we have a Burger King in the concourse
after the TSA folk, but what if I try bringing a $3.29 cheese Whopper
through TSA instead of boying a $7 one from inside the security perimeter?

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
TEP

This type of food is not on TSA's Prohibited List
(http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...items.shtm#10).
Generally, with respect to food items, it is liquid or gels in containers
larger than 3 oz.

Old January 8th, 2008, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,alt.vacations.las-vegas
RayC

Nonnymus wrote:

Since I always have bought a burger or sub to eat on a SW flight just
before boarding, I admit to never having focused in on this question:
While I know that TSA confiscates most liquids carried through security,
what's their position on hamburgers, fries, Arby's sandwiches and even KFC?

To date, I've not read of the terrorist creeps developing an exploding
chicken leg, and outside of intestinal gas created by fast food
sandwiches, I don't see how they could disrupt an otherwise exhilarating
6-hour flight crammed into an aluminum cigar tube careening across the
sky. I know that here in 'Vegas we have a Burger King in the concourse
after the TSA folk, but what if I try bringing a $3.29 cheese Whopper
through TSA instead of boying a $7 one from inside the security perimeter?

Nonny

While food is not on the restricted list, it really depends on what kind
of day your inspector is having and how you decide to treat her/him. We
saw a mouthy lady get her peanut butter tub confiscated because she
didn't put it into the plastic bag with the rest of her jell. If she
had kept her nasty mouth shut, she would probably just have just gotten
a little reprimand/reminder and have gone through the line quickly. She
was headed to the body cavity search area when my wife and I were passed
through. ;-)

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RosalieAnn Beasley

I've been bringing food on the plane for longer than there has been a TSA.
Sometimes they are squirrely about it. I brought some leftover pizza on a
flight from Pittsburgh and since it wasn't metal, I just walked through the
little arch with the bag in my hand, and they demanded to see what it was.

But really, there shouldn't be much problem unless you have more than 3 oz
of catsup or mustard with your burger.

Old January 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:27:46 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:

Since I always have bought a burger or sub to eat on a SW flight just
before boarding, I admit to never having focused in on this question:
While I know that TSA confiscates most liquids carried through security,
what's their position on hamburgers, fries, Arby's sandwiches and even
KFC?

Hi Nonny,

At London Heathrow there are Krispy Kreme donuts kiosks outside of
security. You are allowed to take non-jelly donuts through security.
You are not allowed to take jelly donuts through security. I have
first-hand knowledge of this restriction. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
alnmel

On Jan 9, 1:55*pm, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:27:46 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:
Since I always have bought a burger or sub to eat on a SW flight just
before boarding, I admit to never having focused in on this question:
While I know that TSA confiscates most liquids carried through security,
what's their position on hamburgers, fries, Arby's sandwiches and even
KFC?

Hi Nonny,

At London Heathrow there are Krispy Kreme donuts kiosks outside of
security. *You are allowed to take non-jelly donuts through security.
You are not allowed to take jelly donuts through security. *I have
first-hand knowledge of this restriction. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

LOL Ray! Who would have thought they'd srutinize doughnuts looking
for Jelly!!!
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

It has become somewhat of a necessity to bring personal food aboard airctaft
now. Just in order to survive.

On our most recent adventure we flew a major American carrier SFO to Prague and
even though it was an International Trans Atlantic flight all the passengers got
was some dried out Sandwich packets, cookies, and peanuts. Better food was
available of course.

On our return flight on Air Tahiti Nui, Paris to Los Angeles, as soon as we were
safely airborne here came an attendant with a beverage cart. It was loaded with
snacks, all sorts of wine, Scotch, Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, etc.
I ask her what the charge was for drinks and she smiled and said complimentary
of course, unlimited. During the flight we were served snacks, two hot and
complete meals, and between meals there were trays of sandwiches and stuff
available in the galley.

We were at back in the Coach cheap seats, I don't want to know what the people
up in Business and First were getting.

It is to the point that I always try to book on non US carriers if possible.
Usually the equipment is newer, the service is superior, and the prices are
often less.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Nonnymus says...

Old January 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

interesting. I booked air france for our cruise this summer, at $400 pp
less than the american carriers. Thinking along the same lines, re food,
service etc. But guess what! We're on Delta. the same flights thru Delta
were at the higher rate interestingly enough. Guess even though I booked AF
and it says dinner I should be prepared!
sheree

Old January 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

when we were in egypt,and we saw the people waiting to board their
flight with sandwiches,salami's and even slices of watermelon,we were
surprised,but then were told because it is a third world country,it is
not unusual,it seems like it is now the american way.The only thing we
take on a flight is a packet of life savers,and a small bag of trail
mix.

cruise lover

Old January 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:27:46 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:

Since I always have bought a burger or sub to eat on a SW flight just
before boarding, I admit to never having focused in on this question:
While I know that TSA confiscates most liquids carried through security,
what's their position on hamburgers, fries, Arby's sandwiches and even
KFC?

Hi Nonny,

At London Heathrow there are Krispy Kreme donuts kiosks outside of
security. You are allowed to take non-jelly donuts through security.
You are not allowed to take jelly donuts through security. I have
first-hand knowledge of this restriction. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

Did the security inspectors confiscate the jelly
donuts and destroy [eat] them in front of you? LOL

I wonder if a sub placed in a quart plastic bag
would be acceptable to the TSA folks? Our local
sub shop makes a wonderful "traditional" sub for a
price far less than what the airport burger huts
charges.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)