REQ: Top tips for first timers

Old February 6th, 2004, 02:44 PM
piujnhfds @lknmdgsa.net

Default REQ: Top tips for first timers

We go on our first cruise in October (Majesty of the Seas 4 nighter)
I've seen many great tips (bring an over the door shoe caddy for extra
storage,etc.) on several cruise sites.
Can anyone else give me your best tip learned from past cruises?
Also, I have heard that canned drinks on board cost upwards of $1.50.
Is it ok to bring our own aboard? If so,whats the best method you know
of packing these? Thanks for any and all responses.

Old February 6th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Dolly Maines

Default Top tips for first timers

piujnhfds @lknmdgsa.net wrote in message
We go on our first cruise in October (Majesty of the Seas 4 nighter)
I've seen many great tips (bring an over the door shoe caddy for extra
storage,etc.) on several cruise sites.
Can anyone else give me your best tip learned from past cruises?
Also, I have heard that canned drinks on board cost upwards of $1.50.
Is it ok to bring our own aboard? If so,whats the best method you know
of packing these? Thanks for any and all responses.

Don't buy liquor in foreign ports, no matter how cheap it is. The money you
save will be offset by the hassle of schlepping all that weight through the
airport on your way home.

Old February 6th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:44:35 GMT, piujnhfds @lknmdgsa.net wrote:

Can anyone else give me your best tip learned from past cruises?

Aft-facing balcony.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Mike Cordelli

Binoculars, get a pair someplace, you can get some really good quality used
ones on ebay. Amazing what you are missing without them.

Soft drinks, water, etc are sold all over the planet, I just purchase them
in port and carry them back on the ship. It makes no sense at all to bring
a case of coke from home when you can purchase it at each port stop. Way
less hassle.

Old February 6th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:27:16 GMT, "Mike Cordelli"
wrote:

Binoculars, get a pair someplace, you can get some really good quality used
ones on ebay. Amazing what you are missing without them.

Yes, just ask SUNSET.

Old February 6th, 2004, 07:10 PM
piujnhfds @lknmdgsa.net

Thanks for the great response so far.
Please keep them coming.!!!
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Juliana L Holm

piujnhfds wrote:
Thanks for the great response so far.
Please keep them coming.!!!

Bring: Highlighters to help you organize your day
Your own portable or bottle to carry drinks around (iced tea,
lemonade and stuff)

Do: All the stuff you want to, but spend some time just chillin;
On a deck chair, in the hot tub, by a window, in a corner
of a bar, whatever place appeals to you.
Feel free to try something new, that you don't know if you'll
like. If you don't it's no skin off your nose.
Keep mind and heart open. Have an attitude of optomism.

--
Julie
Old February 7th, 2004, 01:14 AM

Most people here never mention that cruise ships have free juice
machines throughout the ship. Featuring leamonaid, fruit punch,
water, and mayby apple or orange juice. Or whatever. Why pay for pop
when the lemonaid is free and usually delicious.