Alaska cruise article helpful for first timers

Old April 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
D Ball

Default Alaska cruise article helpful for first timers

The Houston Chronicle's travel editor today presents a good
overview of Alaska cruise vacation planning information.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/travel/2506384

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

next up:
Celeb Millie=96Med=96June 04, followed by a Nile cruise
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Linsifer

Thanks, Diana. If all goes as planned, Alaska will be our next cruise in
2005...or later. But, definitely the NEXT one! :-)

Lindsay

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM
D Ball

So you finally talked your daughter into it?! I am thrilled
for you, Lindsay. I don't think there is a danger of my
over-selling that trip. As you know yourself, everyone who's
taken an Alaskan cruise raves about it.

I know you participate in Cruise Critic discussions, and I
will tell you that, hands down, the Alaska board is the best
online resource you can find. Very active, so lots of
current discussion ships, itineraries, independent
excursions, what to pack, etc. May/June is the time to start
following it (if you haven't already) so you can hear
feedback from this summer's returning cruisers.

Also, if you choose Princess, I highly recommend the
mile-by-mile guide they sell (in advance or onboard). It
comes with a map. You can tape the map to the glass on a
piece of "art" in your room and then follow along w/ book,
which is chock full of history, marine navigation info,
culture, wildlife, etc. [You might not like that sort of
thing. I confess, I'm an information junkie. You'd never
suspect that about me, would you??!]

Woo-hoo! Enjoy your research & planning.

Old April 19th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Linsifer

Diana,

Oh, believe me, I'd never have to talk my daughter into a cruise! LOL If we do
go in Aug. 2005, it will be partly to celebrate her 13th birthday. But, she
hasn't even turned 12 yet, so it's a ways off!

It's my mother who has been bugging us to go to Alaska. :-) Too bad she's not
offering to foot the bill! g

Lindsay