NWA's sweetheard deal at DTW

Old February 7th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Robert Cowen

Default NWA's sweetheard deal at DTW

http://www.freep.com/money/business/airpo7_20040207.htm

When the new mid-field terminal was first proposed, I wrote to the Free
Press and News and warned about the possibility of a reduction in the number
of available non-Northwest gates remaining. Little did I imagine that the
county would further limit gates, their size/use as well as customs
facilities.

Now that the revenue from landing fees is down and the major airlines are
under attack by the low cost carriers, the county has a real problem. There
is no excuse for the county's approving such restraints. It's no wonder
that the mid-field terminal is named after McNamara. I wish that I could
limit the number of salesmen that my competitors have and the places they
can prospect for business.

I hope the author and the media keep the public eye focused on getting the
constraints removed and shine a very bright light on this Northwest & Wayne
County sweetheart deal.

Bob
www.InternetTravelTips.com