Digital Cameras on cruise-ONLY way to go

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Moves with the Times

Default Digital Cameras on cruise-ONLY way to go

Since I am someone who has kept up with the times, computers and
digial cameras are the only way to go, especially on a cruise.

My digital camera cost $500 (never scrip on the price, you pay now but
it works out to being free years from now - buy cheap, you get cheap).
With the memory card I have in it, I can take 1,400 regular resolution
pictures. Best of all, from now on until forever, it is free.

Pentax Optio SV. Compact and small. I use it for skydiving and
taking pictures in the plane and exits. 5X optical zoom, 5 Megapixle
max resolution (for photo quality) and when you turn off the LCD
display, I can fire off 3 pictures/second. Focus it and it is fast
fast fast.

Don't get suckered into the cruise ship extortion. $15 to set up your
computer account and $20 to burn a CD, BYTE ME. With 1,400 pictures,
I fire them off like I was a japanise tourist. Recharge the battery
every few days in our state room (again, free) and I'm good to go.

Old style chemical camera $2 for film and $5 to develop a roll of 24.
That is too freaking expensive. Every time I pushed that damn button
I knew it just cost me money so I take few pictures. With the digital
camera, I now take 20 pictures of something I think is a good shot and
I can leave it to edit later or delete the ones I dont want.

When I get home, I burn a DVD slide show. 30 min/cruise of all the
best pictures with some great regae background music. Even grandma
with a DVD player just has to push play and gets the entire photo
album on her TV. Total cost to me $1 for the DVD. Email them like
crazy to friends.....free.

The new digital cameras are ultra small, compact, fast and have a huge
memory capacity. Remember rule #1: never scrip on the initial price
for a digial camera. From when you walk out the store, it is free and
you should never pay any more for it. That is unless you are a old
old person who still has to touch things like the actual developed
print (or use real cash to pay all bills and not use interact or
electronic payment).

Old November 7th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Bush

Not a bad unit however you can't beat silver sometimes for some of the
landscape portraits. $414 if you look around (zipzoomfly.com).

Have a great one!

Bush

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Bill Wragg

ah yes digital cameras are great. I too have one BUT nothing can beat the
flexibilty and quality of a 35 mm camera save and exepect the high priced
10++ meg digitals. (price range out of my pocket)

1400 on what size of memory card? you are obviuously using a low resolutuon.
Even a 512meg sick will hold 1500 640x480 picture which is realy lousy
resolusion. I have a 3.2 megapixel and have 5 memory sticks with a total of
784 megs of memory and always shoot at the hish resolution 2048x1536 with
the memory sticks I can store over 800 pics thats more than evough for a
weeks vacation.

I agree, the digital cameras are easy and very cost effective but I still
like my 35mm. Old timer I guess.

I too make slide shows from my pics. I use memories to TV and add music and
nice effects, sasy to do and cut is DVD. Greate stuff.

Continue to enjoy your pics.
Good Luck
Bill

Old November 7th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Rosalie B.

"Bill Wragg" wrote:

ah yes digital cameras are great. I too have one BUT nothing can beat the
flexibilty and quality of a 35 mm camera save and exepect the high priced
10++ meg digitals. (price range out of my pocket)

There are lots of different 35 mm cameras out there. I've got a point
and shoot 35 mm and my digital camera is far better. I just wish I
could get parts for my GOOD 35 mm camera that I got for my 20th
birthday.

1400 on what size of memory card? you are obviuously using a low resolutuon.
Even a 512meg sick will hold 1500 640x480 picture which is realy lousy
resolusion. I have a 3.2 megapixel and have 5 memory sticks with a total of
784 megs of memory and always shoot at the hish resolution 2048x1536 with
the memory sticks I can store over 800 pics thats more than evough for a
weeks vacation.

I agree, the digital cameras are easy and very cost effective but I still
like my 35mm. Old timer I guess.

I too make slide shows from my pics. I use memories to TV and add music and
nice effects, sasy to do and cut is DVD. Greate stuff.

I usually have more than one camera, and I find that the digital ones
are easier to crop and enlarge. I don't use the highest resolution,
but I don't use low resolution either. Cause I'm not making 8x10s or
anything like that.

Continue to enjoy your pics.
Good Luck
Bill

"Moves with the Times" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I just put my pictures up on the internet and email the URL. Even
free-er.

The new digital cameras are ultra small, compact, fast and have a huge
memory capacity. Remember rule #1: never scrip on the initial price
for a digial camera. From when you walk out the store, it is free and
you should never pay any more for it. That is unless you are a old
old person who still has to touch things like the actual developed
print (or use real cash to pay all bills and not use interact or
electronic payment).

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/

Old November 8th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Bill Wragg" :

ah yes digital cameras are great. I too have one BUT nothing can beat the
flexibilty and quality of a 35 mm camera save and exepect the high priced
10++ meg digitals. (price range out of my pocket)

1400 on what size of memory card? you are obviuously using a low resolutuon.
Even a 512meg sick will hold 1500 640x480 picture which is realy lousy
resolusion. I have a 3.2 megapixel and have 5 memory sticks with a total of
784 megs of memory and always shoot at the hish resolution 2048x1536 with
the memory sticks I can store over 800 pics thats more than evough for a
weeks vacation.

We have a 128 MB and a 256 MB for my wife's Sony. Sadly, that's as
big as they get for this now 2 year old camera.

I agree, the digital cameras are easy and very cost effective but I still
like my 35mm. Old timer I guess.

I have over $10,000 invested in glass. Haven't seen a digital for
under $1500 that will take my 500 mm.

I too make slide shows from my pics. I use memories to TV and add music and
nice effects, sasy to do and cut is DVD. Greate stuff.

I get CDs with all my prints. I can do either.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.