Amsterdam in November

Old September 1st, 2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Amsterdam in November

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:36:28 +0200, Erick T. Barkhuis
-o-m wrote:

Martin:
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:13:57 +0100, Keith Anderson

Hoorn is interesting as well - on the same rail route as Enkhuizen.

and the steam train through the bulb fields from Hoorn To Medemblik

Bulb fields? November?

the fields don't disappear when the flowers are finished, except in ZH
where they build housing estates on them

Just to knock them down next year when the flowers reappear? What a
waste!

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Bermont

54321keith wrote:
My wife and I will be visiting Amsterdam in November. We are in our
50s, like walking, cycling, fresh air, classical music and the odd art
gallery. Any suggestions for "must-sees", nice walks, trips out of
town, etc?

Thanks

For a trip out of town visit Haarlem. It's an easy 18 minute train ride
from Amsterdam Centraal station.

John Bermont
http://www.enjoy-europe.com

Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:

Weatherwise, expect anything between -5C/snow and 15C/sunshine. It might
rain heavily as well.

Yes indeed. I was there in November a few years ago and there was
ankle-deep slush in Leidseplein.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan

jack-travel wrote:
On 1 Sep 2006 08:18:44 -0700, "54321keith"
wrote:

My wife and I will be visiting Amsterdam in November. We are in our
50s, like walking, cycling, fresh air, classical music and the odd art
gallery. Any suggestions for "must-sees", nice walks, trips out of
town, etc?

Thanks

Make a pleasant trip to
http://www.jack-travel.com/Amsterdam...sPageRight.htm
and you will have all the answers

Jack

Welcome back Jack. Haven't seen you for quite a while.
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Anonymous[_2_]

Hi,

I've done amsterdam in november and december and had a great time.

if the weather is bad there's LOTS of inside stuff to do...

the Rijksmusuem is good for a day...

I'd combine the Van Gogh and Stedilijk(sp?) into a modern art day.

and there are tons of other indoor museum type stops... the resistance
museum is neat (get the english handout at the desk), the city museum is
neat too, the heineken tour is fun... there's coffee shops (folks in
their 50s can definitely enjoy coffee shops ;-}), brown cafes, jazz, the
red light district (just to look around, it's kinda far out)...

and if you are into diamonds... well you can take the train down to
antwerp and visit the diamond district (hey jack is the centraal station
in antwerp fixed yet?)

rent a bike at centraal station and toss in a visit to boom chicago
http://www.boomchicago.nl/ and you'll have a blast.

ttyl

akia

wrote:

My wife and I will be visiting Amsterdam in November. We are in our
50s, like walking, cycling, fresh air, classical music and the odd art
gallery. Any suggestions for "must-sees", nice walks, trips out of
town, etc?

Thanks

Make a pleasant trip to
http://www.jack-travel.com/Amsterdam...sPageRight.htm
and you will have all the answers

Jack

Welcome back Jack. Haven't seen you for quite a while.

--

- Call me ruthless, amoral, but never call me dishonest. -