LANGUAGE

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:18 PM

Default LANGUAGE

I'd like to learn some tourist-level Spanish.
( just enough to read signs, find a bathroom, etc. )

Cassette tape ? CD ? Good ol' Berlitz ?
( nothing too expensive )

Any suggestions ?

rj
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:36 PM
JohnT

"RJ" wrote in message

I'd like to learn some tourist-level Spanish.
( just enough to read signs, find a bathroom, etc. )

Cassette tape ? CD ? Good ol' Berlitz ?
( nothing too expensive )

Any suggestions ?

Have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/

JohnT

PS David Beckham is a footballer (as in soccer to Americans).

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Keeger

"RJ" wrote:

I'd like to learn some tourist-level Spanish.
( just enough to read signs, find a bathroom, etc. )

Cassette tape ? CD ? Good ol' Berlitz ?
( nothing too expensive )

Any suggestions ?

Do an Amazon.com search and review the reader comments. This is a
good way to find a package that others found useful.
I learned tourist-level German using the Living Language series, which
came with CDs. I used the commuting time in my car to listen to the
CDs and practice my own mis-pronunciations

http://www.regimechangeusa.org
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Nile

I'd like to learn some tourist-level Spanish. Any suggestions ?

Find out whether there are continuing education courses (non-credit
courses for adults) at a local public university. I started with that
and continued on with Berlitz; received a very good base knowledge and
far less expensive than Berlitz.