Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Old January 24th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Shashay Doofray

Default Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

"StormBringer" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
I just received a phone call from Geo Holiday Services today. They said I

won a free trip from some kind of contest. Did you ever use your prize for
Orlando Florida? Was that a scam or did you actually get a free trip
suffering from the crap you needed to hear. I just want to know if it was
worth wasting the 90 minutes to listen to their crap or if the free holiday
was just a scam as well.

I have received these offers and, as yet, have not taken advantage of them.
Be aware that even though the "lodging" might be complimentary (in exchange
for your 90 minutes, of course), there might be hidden charges. They may
legally be able to tack on "housekeeping" fees or "activity" fees which
could be $30- $50 or so.

Also, make certain that any thing they offer you is IN WRITING before
leaving. Make certain that you have a CONFIRMED RESERVATION number and a
written list of everything that is due to you after you complete the tour.
Don't just settle for "dinner for two" find out WHERE and the VALUE of the
dinner (call the restaurant to be sure). That way you don't end up with a
couple of Chicago Hot Dogs and Louie's place instead of the steak dinner you
are promised on the telephone.

I have worked for timeshare companies and they have a lot of leeway as to
what they can promise and what they actually deliver. Here in Branson I
have seen mailings sent out to prospective buyers with pictures of Andy
Williams, Bobby Vinton and other name acts with the statement that they
would receive "Tickets to a top Branson Show", when in fact, the tickets
that were received were to bottom-of-the-barrel no-name shows. Likewise,
they promise accommodations at one of "Branson's Finest" hotels which wasn't
necessarily true.

I have a cousin, on the other hand, who accepts these invitations on a
regular basis to Lake Tahoe and really enjoys it.

Just remember, if you aren't interested in the property, never udr money as
an excuse. Just say that you would never use it. It is the only objection
that they cannot overcome.

If you do go, let us know how it turns out.

SD

Old January 24th, 2004, 08:52 PM
StormBringer

I just received a phone call from Geo Holiday Services today. They said I won a free trip from some kind of contest. Did you ever use your prize for Orlando Florida? Was that a scam or did you actually get a free trip suffering from the crap you needed to hear. I just want to know if it was worth wasting the 90 minutes to listen to their crap or if the free holiday was just a scam as well.

Thanks

Old March 16th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Pixie

Yes, you are entitled a free vacation gift once the presentation is attended. This is no scam as they show their appreciation for coming by giving you a vacation on them! The 90-minutes is worthwile to get the free vacation, also if you want to save money. FYI, this is a timeshare presentation so if you're gonna be impatient, you'll never be satisfied even if you get your gift. Everything will be negative to you because you think negative. I'm a vacation lover so it was worth my time. So if you love vacations, all you're devoting is a couple of hours. Sounded good to me and I saw the value in it for my family that's why I'm now a member =).

Old April 11th, 2004, 07:00 AM
mlego

Hi, we've just received a call from Geo Holidays as well. Before going
to the 90-minute thing, I'd like to know how long the free trip ended
up being for you guys, if you had to pay anything once you got there
(housekeeping fees, etc.), and if you had to attend any timeshare
meetings during your trip.

Much appreciated!

--
mlego
mlego's Profile: 302

Old June 28th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Billybee

Geo Holidays just called me. They told me that there will be twenty five
couples at the 'prize givaway', two couples will each win a trip for a
week with airfare included and one couple will win a brand new BMW. I'm
glad you all posted your experiences. Its still tempting, but maybe my
evening would be better spent cleaning out the gutters. Thanks

Old July 16th, 2004, 05:02 PM
sunilshams

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for posting your experience about geo holidays services. I also
received a call 10 minutes before ans was planning to visit them,
however it is 125 kms from my place. Just thought to check thru net
about any details and found your experience. You saved my time and gas
ofcourse.

Thanks

Sunilshams

--
sunilshams
sunilshams's Profile: 431

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:42 PM
mima

Hi everyone,

I hope very much, most of you how posted in this tread, read from time to
time the new postings here.
I made my experience with Geo Holidays, unfortunately for me,
before I had the chance to read your warnings.
In two words, my husband and myself ended up signing a contract with them.

I still do not know how did it happened. We did not plan at all
to do so going to their presentation. Quit the opposite.
We were attacked by 4 sales persons plus the manager, for 4 hours, and
about midnight, I realized, we are signing a contract, which we do not
need and paying the down payment of 15 hundred CAD.
By the way, we live in Toronto.
The procedure was the same, how you describe it.
Now, we want to find a way to get out of the contract and if possible, get
our money back. It seems not easy. The contract is prepared in a way that
legal attack will be very difficult.
We want to go for publicity, it seems to me that this is the only way to
make them bent.
I would like to ask you for help.
I am going to post my e-mail address and ask you
to contact me.
My idea is, to contact the media, CBC radio, for instance.
The more people with similar experience, the better.
If you agree to repeat in front of a journalist, what you have described
in this forum, we can help a lot of people not to fall in this trap, and
possibly, my husband and me we can be released from the obligations which
we got ourselves into and get our money back.
Please, contact me at

Thank you in advance.

Mima