Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

Old April 25th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Dieter Aaaa

Default Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

"ignoramus" schreef in bericht
On 25 Apr 2004 03:24:27 -0700, (Kito) wrote:

UNlike western
countries, we have a sense of what ia acceptable in a public place.

Well, I actually find hugging and kissing in public okay.

If you find that to be unacceptable, just look away.

yep

muslims are brainsick, thats why they can't stand people caring for each
other.

Old April 25th, 2004, 09:26 PM
jay

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:09:47 +0200, intruder
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:15:23 +0800, ignoramus
wrote:

You got your facts wrong. The charge is indecent behaviour and it
wasn't just holding hands. They were alleged to have been hugging and
kissing.

Whatever.

On 24 Apr 2004 10:47:20 -0700, (John
Galt) wrote:

Yes, they gov't thugs in Kuala Lumpur actually arrested a man and
woman for holding hands and charged them with indecency.

Please boycott the evil country of Malaysia. Yes, some Malaysians may
seem nice, but they allow their gov't to do such evil. Malaysia is a
joke.

Well, please don't visit Malaysia. We also do not welcome foreigners
who think we are a joke.

We?
That is up to other Malaysians, not you.

what other malaysian. the next time the circus visits malaysia,
please do not be in it, monkey.

Old April 25th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Alfred Molon

Markku Grönroos wrote:

Somewhat hard to believe. Even Mahatir have admitted that the policy have
been a failure. It has probably efficiently reduced domestic investments in
Malaysia.

He only said that it's time to revoke these policies, because nowadays
they are no longer having a positive effect. But he said these policies
have helped close the income gap in the past.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Thomas Stalder

Peter Webb wrote:
No asylum seekers want to stay in your country. Your GDP per capita is
less than 1/10th that of Australia - its a very poor country. It is also
technologically backward, had racism codified into a set of laws, and
your prime minister feels he can lock up political opponents on trumped
up sodomy charges. The police force is corrupt, and the culture

backwards.
You are a big, important country in the minds of all people who live between
Thailand and Singapore, but let me assure you the rest of the world finds
the sight of such a ****ty little country strutting about the world stage
as if anybody gave a **** about you amusing at best. They don't even bother
showing the video footage of Mahatir getting stuck into the English on
English TV, because to explain the joke you would have to explain wher
Malaysia actually is ...

I wrote:
Well, I really have nice friends in Australia, so I know that you're not
representative. After reading your exploits about Malaysia, you've
proved yourself an complete ignorant without any sense of decency.

Ciao
Thomas

You wrote:
do you mind if i put you in my KF

I don't like rude, senseless people

I'm a little lost here. Who's the rude one?
Anyway, go ahead, edit your kill file.

Ciao
Thomas

Old April 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Pan

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:13:44 +0200, Thomas Stalder
wrote:

[snip]
Traditions
are different and Malaysian rules are very hard for westernes, but we
have to respect these rules, when we are guest of this country.

[snip]

Yes to respecting them, but you really found it hard to live by
Malaysian rules while in Malaysia? Just which rule was hard for you?

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Pan

wrote:

You got your facts wrong. The charge is indecent behaviour and it
wasn't just holding hands. They were alleged to have been hugging and
kissing.

Right, though it doesn't seem that that's why they were arrested,
right?

Galt) wrote:

Yes, they gov't thugs in Kuala Lumpur actually arrested a man and
woman for holding hands and charged them with indecency.

Please boycott the evil country of Malaysia. Yes, some Malaysians may
seem nice, but they allow their gov't to do such evil. Malaysia is a
joke.

Well, please don't visit Malaysia. We also do not welcome foreigners
who think we are a joke.

Nor should you.

Best,