Are you from Europe can you help me

Old November 16th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Martin

Default Are you from Europe can you help me

Hi all I was wondering if anybody out there can help. I am trying to
start a business my first business, I won't go into details now but
it is selling souvenirs and my market is all of Europe. So what I am
trying to do is get as many names and address of souvenirs shops in
Europe so I can post them a sample of my product and then go from
there. As you can imagine it would nearly be impossible and very
expensive for me to travel around all of Europe and look for souvenirs
shops and I am finding it very difficult to locate any thing on the
Internet so if you are from Europe and you know the names and
addresses or even a web address of any souvenirs shops in Europe I
would be really grateful if you could pass that on to me or if you
have any other thoughts suggestions or ideas it would be all good.

PS The item I am trying to sell is a souvenir pin or badge so I guess
the type of souvenirs shop I am looking for is one that sells all
types of souvenirs because I know there is a lot of souvenirs shops
that specializes in glass and leather etc. these would be no good for
me for obvious reasons.
Thank You
Old November 16th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Jens Arne Maennig

Martin wrote:

I am trying to
start a business my first business, I won't go into details now but
it is selling souvenirs and my market is all of Europe.

I do not know if you will be too happy with that kind of business.

So what I am
trying to do is get as many names and address of souvenirs shops in
Europe so I can post them a sample of my product and then go from
there. As you can imagine it would nearly be impossible and very
expensive for me to travel around all of Europe and look for souvenirs
shops and I am finding it very difficult to locate any thing on the
Internet so if you are from Europe and you know the names and
addresses or even a web address of any souvenirs shops in Europe I
would be really grateful if you could pass that on to me or if you
have any other thoughts suggestions or ideas it would be all good.

In Europe, we have something called list brokers. Those guys will be
happy to provide the necessary databases. I just had a look into the
address database of Schober (http://www.schober.com), one of the market
leaders in Germany. They would provide the adresses of 10,502 souvenir
outlets for EUR 2,205.42 plus tax. I have no idea why anybody should
provide you the same information much cheaper.

After having worked in that field for some years, I would say that 75 %
of the souvenir shops (at least here in Upper Bavaria) are more or less
close to bancrupt. If your product allows a markup of minimum 100 %
(plus tax) on your prices, some of them might be ready to accept a test
on commission. This, however, only if you will deliver the goods
directly to their store and pick up the not sold commission articles as
well. The payment behavior in that kind of business is not making
supplyers too happy usually.

PS The item I am trying to sell is a souvenir pin or badge

Oh! How innovative!

so I guess
the type of souvenirs shop I am looking for is one that sells all
types of souvenirs because I know there is a lot of souvenirs shops
that specializes in glass and leather etc. these would be no good for
me for obvious reasons.

They do so because for one over the counter operation they will have
double or triple the profit contribution compared to selling pins and
badges.

You already got the hint to contact wholesellers. The only possible way
will be to go this way. For your calculation, however, this would mean
an extra 25 % markup for the wholeseller.

Taking into accout that Europeans usually also buy their standard
souvenir products like pins and badges from the same
Hongkong/China/Taiwan sources as you probably do, I am not sure if
your business plan will work at the end if you take all markups,
freight, duties, taxes, sample and marketing costs into accout.

Jens

Jens
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:50 PM
alain

TROLL my friends

Alain

"Jens Arne Maennig" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...

Old November 16th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Gary Nichols

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Call 1-800-Sellstinkingbadgesineurope.
--
"Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel'

Gary 'Gatsby' Nichols