Egypt - any information on nile cruises

Old December 7th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Nobody

Default Egypt - any information on nile cruises

Hello,
well I am supposed to help organising a trip to Egypt november next
year. The idea was that we are going to have a nile-cruise from Luxor
to Assuan. To be honest I am not too fond of the idea, so I am looking
on some information to either persuade me that the Nile cruise is not
a boring waste of time, or to give me good arguments, to get rid of
this idea.
One short questions to those of you, who did it:
1.) How about getting off-board when the ships are in the "harbour"?
Are people allowed to leave the ship whenver they like to, or are
their restrictions as the boats are towed together and you need to
cross another ship to get to the shore? Does all the groups on the
ship have to go sight-seeing at the same time? - I fear so, as the
time the ship stays in one place is limited. How can anybody enjoy
being towed from one place of interest to the next like cattle???

Well, any comments to cheer me up and convince me of the opposite are
welcome.

Greetings
Kerstin
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:11 PM
ratfink90210

I travelled in Egypt just this November. I would strongly recommend you
ask any questions you may have to Debbie Senters from Casual Cairo
Detours. She is an american living in egypt and works as an
independant "tour guide/liason". We used her services and found them
flawless. Im sure she could answer and help with any and all questions
you may have...I would take her recommendations very strongly! She may
even be able to help you with any tour planning or booking also...top
notch with contacts all over Egypt and her rate was ridiculously
inexpensive!! questions im sure are free of charge!! You will love
Egypt i'm sure...bear in mind that you may be Travelling during Ramadan
in Nov. With some proper consideration, it can be a very rewarding time
to travel....it was for us!!

--
ratfink90210
ratfink90210's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=288

Old December 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Clint

As I mentioned on one of the other groups, I took one of these Nile cruises
and loved it. No problems with boarding and disembarking. Tours were
organized nicely and you had free time. Nice relaxing pace as opposed to
the Cairo traffic.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art

om...

Old December 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM

Is safety an issue in Egypt? Wasn't sure how Eastern events were
affecting the region. I've never been there, but it is on my must see
list.