Sea Princess or Sapphire Princess

Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Sea Princess or Sapphire Princess

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

After all the checking by Kerry, it may mean the Island Princess...it seems
the Alaskan itinerary ships are pretty much filled up!

Island Princess is my favorite Princess ship. It is better than Sea
Princess and better that the Grand Class ships.

--
Charles
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/3/11 5:27 PM, Charles wrote:
"Jean wrote:

After all the checking by Kerry, it may mean the Island Princess...it seems
the Alaskan itinerary ships are pretty much filled up!

Island Princess is my favorite Princess ship. It is better than Sea
Princess and better that the Grand Class ships.

We probably would have had a great time on Island Princess, but I really
like how they let us walk out to the bow while in Glacier Bay on
Volendam. To me, that was one of the major highlights (especially since
the ports basically sucked). The other major highlight was the
excursion we took to Tracy Arm. I'm glad we did Volendam along with the
extra days in Vancouver instead of the one way sailing.

--Tom
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Charles" wrote in message
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

After all the checking by Kerry, it may mean the Island Princess...it
seems
the Alaskan itinerary ships are pretty much filled up!

Island Princess is my favorite Princess ship. It is better than Sea
Princess and better that the Grand Class ships.

--
Charles

Too many obstacles on this one..it seems we started too late and Mike was
going with us so a triple balcony or mini suite plus multi city air cost is
almost as much as the cruise. I have had poor Kerry racking her brain most
of the afternoon on figuring out one that at least includes Glacier Bay.
With the economy such as it is, I am surprised the cruise ships are booked
with only gtds left on some.

--Jean

Old April 4th, 2011, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

Too many obstacles on this one..it seems we started too late and Mike was
going with us so a triple balcony or mini suite plus multi city air cost is
almost as much as the cruise. I have had poor Kerry racking her brain most
of the afternoon on figuring out one that at least includes Glacier Bay.
With the economy such as it is, I am surprised the cruise ships are booked
with only gtds left on some.

Not surprising. July is peak vacation season. School is out.

--
Charles
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

Default Sea Princess or Sapphire Princess~JEAN~

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 07:02:21 -0400, Cruise Crazy wrote:

Like Charles,

Hell no, I'm straight. LOL!
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Like Charles, we too, like the Island Princess. We will be on the Coral
( her sister ship) this month to Panama. They ae long and narrow ships.
Purpose built for Panama Canal cruising. Smaller than the Emerald that
you will be on to Copenhagen. Our favorite to Alaska was the Pacific
Princess. One of the Ren ships.

Doris, I wish that we could have taken the Island Princess. Our favorite to
Alaska is HAL because they have smaller ships. But we just waited too long
before deciding to go this time. Having taken the Golden before I'm sure we
will be happy with it. I love the Ren ships, too! We have booked five
cruises so far...that will make for five this year alone with our already
having taken the Eclipse last February and one booked on the Oceania Riviera
for next November...it is unbelievable how quickly these ships fill up! I
hope you have talked Jim into taking the Allure Viking cruise with us this
December.

--Jean

Old April 5th, 2011, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 4/4/2011 3:19 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Doris, I wish that we could have taken the Island Princess. Our favorite to
Alaska is HAL because they have smaller ships. But we just waited too long
before deciding to go this time.

I don't know exactly what/when you're looking at, but last year there
was plenty of availability on HAL Alaska cruises. However, while the
cruises themselves appeared to be full, there were spots available on
the cruisetours that were on the same sailing. So obviously they were
trying to sell the more expensive cruisetours and blocking the cabin
availability for the cruise only. You might want to see if the same
thing is true this year before deciding on Princess.

Bill
Old April 5th, 2011, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Bill" wrote in message
On 4/4/2011 3:19 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Doris, I wish that we could have taken the Island Princess. Our favorite
Alaska is HAL because they have smaller ships. But we just waited too
long
before deciding to go this time.

I don't know exactly what/when you're looking at, but last year there was
plenty of availability on HAL Alaska cruises. However, while the cruises
themselves appeared to be full, there were spots available on the
cruisetours that were on the same sailing. So obviously they were trying
to sell the more expensive cruisetours and blocking the cabin availability
for the cruise only. You might want to see if the same thing is true this
year before deciding on Princess.

Bill

Thanks, Bill, but it is a done deal, cruise, air and insurance! Maybe next
year! ;-)

--Jean

Old April 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:47:31 -0500, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Thanks, Peter,

LOL!
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Jean,
Princess Grand Class are nice ships
We have been to Alaska twice in early September and the weather was
still good. See you on October AND DECEMBER!

Hi Doris! WONDERFUL! We are looking forward to both times! You will
really enjoy meetig those Vikings in December! It will be good seeing you
and Jim again!

--Jean