Mississippi Highway 61: Anyone been down it?

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:41 PM

Default Mississippi Highway 61: Anyone been down it?

Any advice or opinions abt driving down Mississippi
Highway 61..... say from Memphis Tenn to the Golf?
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:16 AM
David Simmons

According to :
Any advice or opinions abt driving down Mississippi
Highway 61..... say from Memphis Tenn to the Golf?

I've only been as far south as Greenville on it, but you
should see the response I made to your post in another
thread.

If you have any questions about North Mississippi, feel free
to drop me a line -- I grew up there.

David

--
David Simmons
"Today is a fine day for science!" -- Dexter
Old September 20th, 2003, 05:18 PM

If you have any questions about North Mississippi, feel free
to drop me a line -- I grew up there.

David

David..... many thanks for the info!!

I also visited your web page and thought it was very
good! I enjoyed all the pictures of all the places you
have been.

I am in Hannibal Missouri.....so I live right on
Highway 61. However I have a brother in Memphis Tenn
..... which is abt a 6 hr drive form here. Its been
awhile since Ive been down to visit him....and he has
been bugging me abt going down.

So.... since I have a few spare vacation days left to
burn up.... and the fact that I really haven't been to
the southern part of the US much...... I thought I
could drive down to see my brother spend a day or two
with him.... then head on down south towards the Gulf
and see some of the south at same time. I thought
maybe it would be interesting to follow the River
down.... hence take US 61 all the way. I am just NOW
learning that its the road considered to be the "birth
of the blues".

Question for you.... how did you wind up living in such
a small burg as Taylor Miss??
Old September 20th, 2003, 08:45 PM
David Simmons

According to :

Question for you.... how did you wind up living in such
a small burg as Taylor Miss??

Every once in a while, I like to take a few months off to
relax, hang out, and catch up on reading. (I do software
engineering work on contract, so I can arrange that.)
Taylor was a great place to get away from it all, especially
after living in the hectic Boston, MA area the year before.
I had a friend who was moving out of Taylor at the time, so
I arranged to take over the lease of his apartment.

Taylor is a very inexpensive place to live -- I rented an
awesome 1500-sqft apartment for $475/month. It's also a
very unique place -- it seems like just about everyone there
is a painter, sculptor, musician, or writer. If anyone
visits Taylor, be sure to check out Taylor Arts. It's the
main art gallery in the village. It keeps the same hours as
Taylor Grocery (the catfish place), and is just a few doors
down.

I'm not living in Taylor anymore... I'm in Oregon working.
But it *is* getting to be about that time again...

David

Old September 21st, 2003, 02:42 AM
john63401at yahoo dot com

I'm not living in Taylor anymore... I'm in Oregon working.
But it *is* getting to be about that time again...

Interesting!

I will definitely check it out when I head down that
way!
appleseed at warpdriveonline dot com