Miami, FL

Old September 18th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Hatunen

Default Miami, FL

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:02:16 +0200, "Phil Trachtenberg"
wrote:

Hi,
i just bought some tickets to Miami, FL. I am fly on Oct. 7th and staying
there for 10 days. Can you recommend me any nice 4-5 star hotel which won't
cost more than 250 USD for 3 adults in room.

Miami's a big place, and it's even bigger if you mean Miami-Dade.
Where do you want to stay? Perhaps you are thinking of Miami
Beach?

Old September 18th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Hatunen

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:39:00 +0200, "Phil Trachtenberg"
wrote:

Hi,
yeah Miami Beach sounds great. To be honest I have no idea. Just want to
have some nice days at the beach + pool at a nice hotel and have a chance of
doing some shopping and eating some good food

I'd actually suggest Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami.

Old September 18th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Phil Trachtenberg

Ok that isnt too far from Miami International but why would you recommend it
and which hotel can you suggest.

Regards

Old September 18th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Hatunen

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:50:16 +0200, "Phil Trachtenberg"
wrote:
.. .
wrote:

Hi,
yeah Miami Beach sounds great. To be honest I have no idea. Just want to
have some nice days at the beach + pool at a nice hotel and have a chance
of doing some shopping and eating some good food

I'd actually suggest Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami.

Ok that isnt too far from Miami International but why would you recommend it
and which hotel can you suggest.

Since I generally stay there with my mother it's bit hard for me
to recommend a hotel save to say the beachfront is lined with
nice hotels. Just pick one.

BTW, you can take the TriRail train to Fort Lauderdale. Catch the
bus at MIA that goes to the TriRail station. Then taxi from the
Fort Lauderdale station.

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Starsalot

"Phil Trachtenberg" wrote in message
Hi,
i just bought some tickets to Miami, FL. I am fly on Oct. 7th and staying
there for 10 days. Can you recommend me any nice 4-5 star hotel which

won't
cost more than 250 USD for 3 adults in room.

At that price, you can't go wrong in Miami Beach. The Delano Hotel is my
personal favorite, but perhaps a little more expensive than that. Here are
some other suggestions:

The National
The Hilton Fontainbleu
The Astor
Trump Sonesta (North Miami Beach)

Outside of Miami Beach, I would recommend the The Biltmore Hotel in Coral
Gables.

Food: I'm not sure if the stone crabs are in season right now, but if they
are you shouldn't miss a meal at Joes' Stone Crab in South Beach. Also, the
Cuban food in Miami is excellent as you can well imagine.

Old September 19th, 2003, 01:14 PM
me

wrote:

Hi,
yeah Miami Beach sounds great. To be honest I have no idea. Just want to
have some nice days at the beach + pool at a nice hotel and have a chance of
doing some shopping and eating some good food

I'd actually suggest Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami.

I wouldn't, but then again that's just me. Miami Beach is something
else. Not sure I'd wanna try to figure out what it is, but it
ain't Fort Lauderdale. And there are alot of Fort Lauderdales out there,
but there's only about one Miami, Beach that is.

Sorry, can't recommend a specific place. I don't need to stay
in hotels there often, too many other options. You've got alot
of choices though, and in that price range, you can only go so wrong.
Stay close to the beach.
Old September 21st, 2003, 04:56 AM
news.charter.net

Go down Calle Ocho (the main drag in Little Havana) and go to the Versaille
for the best Cuban food around.