Are all cruises non-smoking?

Old November 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
grusl[_4_]

Default Are all cruises non-smoking?

"Surreyman" wrote in message
Am I right in assuming all cruises are totally non-smoking these days?
In personal cabins?
Are there pub-type smoking areas on deck?

Crossposting this to rec.travel.cruises, a very knowledgeable group with
fairly heavy traffic.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old November 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , grusl
wrote:

"Surreyman" wrote in message
Am I right in assuming all cruises are totally non-smoking these days?
In personal cabins?
Are there pub-type smoking areas on deck?

Crossposting this to rec.travel.cruises, a very knowledgeable group with
fairly heavy traffic.

Cruises are not totally non-smoking at this time. They provide some
place to smoke. There are limitations on smoking that are different for
every cruise line. Some don't allow it in cabins, some do. It would be
best to check each cruise lines web site for their smoking policies.

--
Charles
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:50:25 -0500, Charles wrote:

In article , grusl
wrote:

"Surreyman" wrote in message
Am I right in assuming all cruises are totally non-smoking these days?
In personal cabins?
Are there pub-type smoking areas on deck?

Crossposting this to rec.travel.cruises, a very knowledgeable group with
fairly heavy traffic.

Cruises are not totally non-smoking at this time. They provide some
place to smoke. There are limitations on smoking that are different for
every cruise line. Some don't allow it in cabins, some do. It would be
best to check each cruise lines web site for their smoking policies.

Charles of RTC said: "Like my smoker co-worker who has not worked for
three months now because he has to take oxygen due to diminished
lung capacity from years of smoking. Although I feel bad he is
ill I don't feel bad about taking his job since he put himself
in that situation." Signed Charles The Cold Hearted *******
Old November 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
erilar

In article ,
Charles wrote:

There are limitations on smoking that are different for
every cruise line. Some don't allow it in cabins, some do.

Smoking in a cabin, as in a hotel room, stinks it up beyond use for
non-smokers long after the smoker is gone.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old November 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
clint

I smoke my cigs where I want, but no cigars in my room....go out on
belcony...senior puffer

Old November 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"clint" wrote in message
I smoke my cigs where I want, but no cigars in my room....go out on
belcony...senior puffer

Hay clint...

On a "Fissed Income"... you won't be abel to afford to smowke much
lunger.... LOL

--Tom --- thinks clint is actually a 16 year old kid in England...

Old November 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
James

"Tom K" wrote in message

"clint" wrote in message
I smoke my cigs where I want, but no cigars in my room....go out on
belcony...senior puffer

Hay clint...

On a "Fissed Income"... you won't be abel to afford to smowke much
lunger.... LOL

--Tom --- thinks clint is actually a 16 year old kid in England...

tomkook, please do not attempt to think. Its above your pay grade...

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake erilar :

In article ,
Charles wrote:

There are limitations on smoking that are different for
every cruise line. Some don't allow it in cabins, some do.

Smoking in a cabin, as in a hotel room, stinks it up beyond use for
non-smokers long after the smoker is gone.

And with shared ventilation, the odor pervades other rooms.

Some have also prohibited it on balconies.
--
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which

- dillon
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.cruises
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Dillon Pyron wrote:

[Default] Thus spake erilar :

In article ,
Charles wrote:

There are limitations on smoking that are different for
every cruise line. Some don't allow it in cabins, some do.

Smoking in a cabin, as in a hotel room, stinks it up beyond use for
non-smokers long after the smoker is gone.

And with shared ventilation, the odor pervades other rooms.

My next door neigbour is a smoker, and it stinks up the hallway, even
though it's prohibited to smoke there. If you don't smoke, it _really_
gets up your nose. Still, if could be worse. I don't have any noisy
neigbours, and there's no smell of smoke in our apartment. It's
heaven...

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)