Time to buy?

Old November 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Neal Eckhardt

Default Time to buy?

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:26:09 -0500, Brian
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:25:48 -0600, "George Leppla"
wrote:

After 9/11, sales died for 3 months. Then the cruise lined dropped prices
drastically... I remember selling 7 night cruises for $290. At that price
point, people who never thought they would go on a cruise ship decided to
try cruising. The influx of new cruise passengers in the following 12
months built up the customer base enough that the cruise lined entered a
phase of expansion.

Now they have the ships and the bottom has fallen out of the market. Same
as 9/11... next year there are going to be some terrific cruise deals and
more people will try cruising. In a few years, things will be back to
normal... at a higher level than before.

Oh... the downside is that when eh cruise lines have to cut fares like this,
the look for additional ways to "enhance onboard revenue". Look for them to
come up with more ways to separate you from your cash once you are on the
ship.

I hope you are right in that things will come back like they did them
but I'm getting increasingly pessimistic.

There have been several drops where the market lost close to 50% in
value, and in each case, the recovery went to a higher level than it's
previous high. The last two crashes were in 1987 and 2000-2001.

--
Neal

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize
a mistake when you make it again.
Old November 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

According to RCI's SEC filings, Adam Goldstien thinks the time is
good, he just bout over 10,000 shares today as it began to move back
up. He's up to just over 151,000 shares. I'm off a bit on the
numbers, I am quoting from memory after reading the filing.

NWLB
http://www.RoyalCaribbeanFan.com

Old November 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

wrote:

[...]

This situation is nothing like the last drops. The chickens have
finally come home to roost on 3 decades of a failed supply side
economy, lower wages or Americans, globalization and using credit to
balance out demand with supply.
Thumper