single cruiser

Old February 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
E F

Default single cruiser

My last 2 cruises have not worked out for various reasons....my travel
partner had to cancel. I don't want to miss out again. Are there any
cruise lines that will take a single and not charge double? I'm ready
to go!
Thanks,
Ellie

Old February 8th, 2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"E F" wrote in message

My last 2 cruises have not worked out for various reasons....my travel
partner had to cancel. I don't want to miss out again. Are there any
cruise lines that will take a single and not charge double? I'm ready
to go!
Thanks,
Ellie

Our December sailing on the Holland America Westerdam has a 1.5x single
surcharge for insides and outsides, not 2x. We're a group of about 30 of
us.

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

--Tom

Old February 9th, 2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Babie

"E F" wrote

My last 2 cruises have not worked out for various reasons....my travel
partner had to cancel. I don't want to miss out again. Are there any
cruise lines that will take a single and not charge double? I'm ready
to go!
Thanks,
Ellie

It's been a couple of years since I sailed Princess, but since most of my
cruises are solo I tend to search for good single rates.

Princess offers (or did a couple years ago) a "guarantee share" program.
They don't advertise it or anything, though. And the categories are limited.

But you can pay the regular double occupancy rate but opt for a possible
share. I've always had the cabin to myself and never paid more than the
regular rate. No single supplements.

Hmm, that doesn't make much sense... let me give an example.

Cabin X is $500 per person for a 7 day cruise based on double occupancy. If
you select a share, you will pay just $500 and MAY have a cabin mate.

I've suggested this to several people and none of them have ever been
assigned a share. I suggest when you call Princess make sure you select the
most unappealing information. Ask for a smoker of the opposite sex. Worked
for me several times!

LES!

Old February 9th, 2009, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Babie
wrote:

I've suggested this to several people and none of them have ever been
assigned a share. I suggest when you call Princess make sure you select the
most unappealing information. Ask for a smoker of the opposite sex. Worked
for me several times!

Don't know if Princess still does it. They might have stopped. HAL had
it too. Don't know if they still do it either. I do recall reading
accounts on both of those cruise lines from people who did end up
paired up. Maybe they were not as creative as you with their info. Some
had okay cabin mates. Some had problems.

--
Charles
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

princess no longer has the single share program

SusettE
Cruise Outlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlers.com
856 853-9515

Old February 9th, 2009, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 2/9/2009 1:23 PM Susette jumping up and down excitedly ejaculated:
princess no longer has the single share program

SusettE
Cruise Outlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlers.com
856 853-9515

Two cruise partner matching sites come to mind. The first,
cabinmatch.com is unknown to me, the second, cruisemates.com I have
used. The more specific you are about destinations and cruise ships the
less likely you will find a match. In using either boards, I suggest
you try to connect with people who live reasonably close to you. That
way you can meet to see if you will get along and/or enjoy each other's
company. Additionally, I made a brief road trip with an overnight at an
inexpensive motel. That way we were able to see if we could share a
cabin together or not.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old February 10th, 2009, 05:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

Babie wrote:
I've suggested this to several people and none of them have ever been
assigned a share. I suggest when you call Princess make sure you select
the most unappealing information. Ask for a smoker of the opposite sex.
Worked for me several times!

LES!

But, YUCK, what if they find one to match you up with??
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

I snipped this from todays letter from Alan
Fox at Vacations To Go:
Regent Seven Seas has temporarily eliminated the single supplement on
standard suites on 9 departures, for Vacations To Go customers traveling
solo.
The supplement has also been reduced to 50% on penthouse suites (usually
75%) and on named suites (always 100%). Please click here for dates and
prices.

Oceania Cruises has temporarily reduced their single supplement to 25%
(usually 100%) on 41 departures, for Vacations To Go customers traveling
solo. The supplement applies to all categories of stateroom. Please
click here for dates and prices.

~~DORIS~~
Oceania Regatta 2/25/2009

Island Princess 4/4/2009