Visiting Canada

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Tigsnona

Default Visiting Canada

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:34:00 -0600, "Shashay Doofray"
wrote:

Tigsnona wrote in message
.. .
A news item the other day listed countries that appealed to tourists.
Canada was way down the list and came out only marginally ahead of
Iraq! I couldn't believe it. Is the climate a problem for
tourists? Or has Canada priced itself out of the market?

The survey was internationally-based and reputable apparently.

TigsNona

I have been to Canada many times and although I find nothing wrong with it
in particular, I don't think it would be very high on my list as a future
vacation destination.

Canada is a terribly bland country. The people are just so nice, and
everything is just so clean and proper. There isn't much that I find of
interest or fun. Even Toronto, who most people seem to rave about as a
destination seemed rather dull to me when I was there the last time. I
guess it's just one of those things you have to experience first hand to
understand.

And the food is pretty crummy too, generally speaking. Those people put
BUTTER on their sandwiches.

I have put butter on my sandwiches forever. The English do, and the
sandwich was invented in England. What else makes the ham, or tuna,
or lettuce or tomato etc stick? Mayonnaise? Sandwiches I ate in
the USA were saturated with mayonnaise, which rendered them sickly and
sweet and simply ruined the tuna or other fillings.

could never get used to that - although the
Tim Horton's Doughnuts are fantastic.

SD

TigsNona
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Miguel Cruz

Tigsnona wrote:
I have put butter on my sandwiches forever. The English do, and the
sandwich was invented in England. What else makes the ham, or tuna,
or lettuce or tomato etc stick? Mayonnaise?

How about gravity? Butter and mayonnaise are positively revolting. Rancid
grease. I never understood how people can smear that pus onto their food and
then voluntarily eat it.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Mike O'Sullivan

"Tigsnona" wrote in message

I have put butter on my sandwiches forever. The English do, and the
sandwich was invented in England. What else makes the ham, or tuna,
or lettuce or tomato etc stick? Mayonnaise? Sandwiches I ate in
the USA were saturated with mayonnaise, which rendered them sickly and
sweet and simply ruined the tuna or other fillings.

And it's not real mayonnaise, but something called "Hellmans". More suitable
wallpapering.

Old September 17th, 2003, 03:38 AM
marika

Keeger wrote in message . ..

Because they taste good (to most people)
Butter is the root of most great sauces, I don't know what the French
would do without it. I use Olive Oil most of the time for health
reasons, but in many dishes, butter is a must.

I hope so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

mk5000

"YOU a PETA supporter?!?
LMAO!!!!!
Quick hide the pig roaster!
ME a smartass? yup that's me..."--\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)
Old September 18th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Trudi Marrapodi

In article , "Mike O'Sullivan"
wrote:

"Tigsnona" wrote in message

I have put butter on my sandwiches forever. The English do, and the
sandwich was invented in England. What else makes the ham, or tuna,
or lettuce or tomato etc stick? Mayonnaise? Sandwiches I ate in
the USA were saturated with mayonnaise, which rendered them sickly and
sweet and simply ruined the tuna or other fillings.

And it's not real mayonnaise, but something called "Hellmans". More suitable
wallpapering.

Nonsense. Hellmann's is real mayonnaise. Miracle Whip is the non-real
stuff, aka "salad dressing."
--
Trudi
Old September 19th, 2003, 05:39 AM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:46:53 -0400, etent
(Trudi Marrapodi) wrote:
..
Nonsense. Hellmann's is real mayonnaise. ...

Try making it "real" and fresh and then compare it to "Hellman's"
http://foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails/recipe%5F384.asp

Mayonnaise
=================
2 egg, large, yolks
1 pinch salt
1 dash pepper
1/2 lemon, juice of
1 1/2 cup unsaturated oil

Combine the egg yolks, salt & pepper and lemon juice in a food
processor and pulse to blend Set food processor on low and add the
oil in a gradual stream You can adjust the thickness of the
mayonnaise by adding water a spoonful at a time to make it runnier, or
more oil to thicken Test the mayonnaise for taste and add more salt &
pepper or lemon juice to taste

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old September 20th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Trudi Marrapodi

(Trudi Marrapodi) wrote:
.
Nonsense. Hellmann's is real mayonnaise. ...

Try making it "real" and fresh and then compare it to "Hellman's"
http://foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails/recipe%5F384.asp

[snip]

Well, sheesh, if you're going to say that no prepackaged food is "real"
compared to freshly made food, well...

Never said there was no difference in taste. However, prepackaged food
isn't all fake, either.
--
Trudi