Today's Newbie questions .....

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Brian K

Default Today's Newbie questions .....

On 07/24/2004 11:36 AM 0 O while holding "tha lizard", exclaimed:

We always pack with wire hangers in most items -just quickly unpack

FAIR WINDS

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE i TOLD YOU, CHRISTINA! NO! MORE! WIRE
HANGERS.....EVER!!!!
- Joan Crawford in "Mommie Dearest".

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Hi, Bob,

I don't know if you ever received an answer to the part of your question
about hangers, but on every ship we have been on, and while we have had a
room with a standpipe, we never had one with the propeller, we have always
had plenty of regular hangers, wooden, with the hook.

I also liked the suggestion about the ziplock bags.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Bob Thomas" wrote in message

Thanks people! As usual, my questions answered and another piece of
the jigsaw falls into place.

Only two weeks to go, so there won't be any more questions after that
... only reports of what happened! 8*)

Bob T.

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Charles

In article , Dick Goldhaber
wrote:

I don't know if you ever received an answer to the part of your question
about hangers, but on every ship we have been on, and while we have had a
room with a standpipe, we never had one with the propeller, we have always
had plenty of regular hangers, wooden, with the hook.

Many ships don't have hangers with a hook. They use the hotel type
hangers.

--
Charles

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Charles

In article , Dick Goldhaber
wrote:

Veendam and Statendam did not.

You have a tendency to make broad generalizations from a very small
sample.

But even if they did use the anti-theft hangers used in hotels, they would
still meet Bob's needs.

You can take them out of the closet but when you do you can't hang them
on anything. I use a steamer on some clothers on a hanger. Can't do it
with anti-theft hangers without a hook. So I always pack one hanger
with a hook.

--
Charles