Carnival vs Princess

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Ebbtide

I also found it terrific on the Miracle.

"Jim L" wrote in message
.net...
I've found the food on Carnival to be excellent...

"Becca" wrote in message

Susan wrote:
Planning a 30th anniversary cruise to Alaska next August. Was

wondering
what the major differences are, if any, of the 2 ships. I heard the

food
is bad on the Carnival, but the rooms are a bit bigger than most other
lines too. We are 50/51 and don't want to be with a bunch of senior
citizens

The ports of call would probably be the deciding factor for me. The
food on the Spirit is very good.

Becca -----enjoys cruising on Princess and Carnival...

Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm

Old September 24th, 2004, 09:41 PM

Susan wrote:

Planning a 30th anniversary cruise to Alaska next August. Was wondering
what the major differences are, if any, of the 2 ships. I heard the food
is bad on the Carnival, but the rooms are a bit bigger than most other
lines too. We are 50/51 and don't want to be with a bunch of senior citizens

Susan

I've been on both Carnival and Princess, and liked both of them. To me,
tho food is good on both as are the shows, etc.

I've been on only one Princess ship, the Grand, and have been on both
old (Holiday) and new (Glory) Carnival ships. The Carnival ships have
more of a Los Vegas glitzy decor, while Princess has a more formal,
elegant decor.

The bottom line for me is that I pick cruises more for itinerary than
anything elso. One of my favorite cruises was on the old, dirty, run
down Carnival Holiday because I liked the small island, no-days-at-sea
itinerary from San Juan. Actually, the ship wasn't THAT old, dirty, or
run down, even though I was on one of the last cruises before Holiday
had a refurb.
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:59 PM
RICK DAVIS

Bill, I agree with your statement 100%. I didn't mean to imply that Tom
was wrong with his opinion. I also sailed Princess long before it
became part of Carnival. I was just not impressed with the food at all.

Old September 24th, 2004, 09:59 PM
RICK DAVIS

Old September 24th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Charles

In article , RICK
DAVIS wrote:

Bill, I agree with your statement 100%. I didn't mean to imply that Tom
was wrong with his opinion. I also sailed Princess long before it
became part of Carnival. I was just not impressed with the food at all.

I have not been on Carnival yet, will do so in a few weeks but I have
done both Celebrity and Princess in a years time and my subjective
opinion was the food was the same level on both those cruise lines.
Some things were done better on one than the other but pretty much
equal quality except they botched the lobster on my last Princess
cruise. Also the pizza on the lido certainly was better on Princess. My
last RCI cruise of a few years ago was a level lower than Celebrity and
Princess. The RCI food was not bad, just not as good.

--
Charles

Old September 24th, 2004, 10:45 PM
villa deauville

I found the food on Carnivals Pride to be
more superior than my 6 cruises on Princess.

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

Old September 24th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Howie

Charles wrote:

I have not been on Carnival yet, will do so in a few weeks but I have
done both Celebrity and Princess in a years time and my subjective
opinion was the food was the same level on both those cruise lines.
Some things were done better on one than the other but pretty much
equal quality except they botched the lobster on my last Princess
cruise. Also the pizza on the lido certainly was better on Princess. My
last RCI cruise of a few years ago was a level lower than Celebrity and
Princess. The RCI food was not bad, just not as good.

I don't know what your overall reaction will be to your Miracle cruise,
Charles; but I do know that overall level of food quality on that ship
is going to be more that a cut above what you are used to on the other
lines.

Howie