Vikings Are Back - Quick Thoughts

Old December 18th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Susette405

Default Vikings Are Back - Quick Thoughts

Sue, you're a hoot! 'Loved reading your comments (especially about Ft
Lauderdale and the guy with the belly) smile

Karen I am glad you were giggling! hey when life throws you lemons make
lemonade! The guys belly got on my last nerve when i was accused of pushing a
Button and I was not even near a button! They thought they owned every last
stinking elevator! I would wait for my own! hahaha then they wouldlean on the
buttons in the elevator and push them all then yell when the elevator would
stop at every floor and no one be there! whats up with the rudeness!
I like voyager class I am back to that class it suits me more!
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec05 Mariner of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com

Old December 18th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Tom & Linda

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message
ojunk (Susette405) wrote:

I like voyager class I am back to that class it suits me more!

Interesting comment! I'm off to watch something I TiVo'ed the other
day about the Radiance in Alaska. I'm still curious about that class
of RCI ship.

To me... it's basically not much more than a tweaked Grandeur OTS... which
in itself is basically an upgraded Majesty OTS.

To me, Grandeur is Majesty with an atrium pool. And Radiance is Grandeur
with pool tables.

Radiance class may be a bit different, but there is nothing functionally new
or exciting about them like you find on Voyager class. With the central
promenade, the whole cruise experience (particularly with a group) changes.
It becomes a meeting place... there are always a Viking or 2 that you run
into in the promenade. Voyager works differently than other ships. Cruise
dynamics change with the promenade.

To me, Voyager is a major "jump". Kind of like when you switched from DOS
to Windows. The promenade makes it work differently, and significantly
better. But there's no "jump" with Radiance class. There isn't anything
that much more unique or splendid about it. Unlike their cousin Millennium
class ships which are very spacious with high passenger space ratios (same
hull and same size) Radiance class feels crowded in many areas. The Aquaspa
on Connie felt very "inviting". But the atrium on Jewel felt rather
claustrophobic. There was way too much jammed in there, and the decorations
were way too much for me. All walking paths in the atrium were interrupted
by something (seeming intentionally). It seems you always have to walk
around something all over the ship. Like they put a large table with a
statue right in your path as you walk through the atrium pool area... but
what's the point? To make you have to circle around it? It's like they put
it there to be annoying.

To me Voyager was WOW. Different. Unique.

Jewel, while a very pretty ship, was basically Ho-Hum. It was very nice,
but it didn't knock my socks off. There wasn't anything unique and
different about it.

--Tom

Old December 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Susette405

Interesting comment! I'm off to watch something I TiVo'ed the other
day about the Radiance in Alaska. I'm still curious about that class
of RCI ship.

Radiance class is nice very nice, easy to get around on, I think I liked the
Serenade even better then the Jewel I can not tell you why that is as they are
almost identical. I think it was the crew .. Its a lovely elegant ship, for a
couple its wonderful,. for a group I prefer Voyager class

Old December 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:53:49 -0500, Tom & Linda wrote:

Jewel, while a very pretty ship, was basically Ho-Hum.

The day that I Ho-Hum the Radiance class ships, I out of cruising.

You're spoiled dead rotten.

Old December 18th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:19:33 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Interesting comment! I'm off to watch something I TiVo'ed the other
day about the Radiance in Alaska. I'm still curious about that class
of RCI ship.

Karens

You ought to be. We went VOTS/EOTS to BOTS and really liked the
differences.

Btw, watching BBC regarding Brit vacationers on the 7Seas Radisson.