Christmas vs "Holidays"

Old December 18th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Bryan" wrote

I choose to see language like winter break and happy holidays
as a positive effort to include all religions and non-religions
[and rec.travel.cruises].

An object creates the meaning of a word. Changing the word does
not change the object.

You can't include everybody. You shouldn't even try.

Diversity means everyone's different and allowed to be that way.
Inclusion and conformity would have everyone shouting "Happy Holidays"
and waving their Visa cards on cue.

I wish to be who I am and not have my beliefs thrust into some
uniform mold to increase retail sales.

Happy Holidays to all and Merry Christmas to my fellow Christians.

Bah, Humbug!

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com
Old December 18th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Geoff Miller

Diane James ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . wrote:
Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

Gee, *that's* a sure-fire way to get people to comply with your
request: insult them and call them names.

Geoff

--
"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go
to the New York Times Building." -- Ann Coulter

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Dbowey

geoffm posted:

Diane James wrote:
Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

Gee, *that's* a sure-fire way to get people to comply with your
request: insult them and call them names.

--

Looks like a clear case of "When on a techie board, post as the techies do."

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Richard The Troll

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:54:40 -0500, Diane James wrote:

Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

Nah. ****heads never do what you ask them to do. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:47 PM
keith

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:45:54 -0500, Diane James wrote:

Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

I noticed you dropped RTC and *added* rec.travel.europe, top-posting
dickhead. I posted this back there just for you.

--
Keith

================

"keith" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:48:42 +0000, Rich Grise wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 06:47:03 +0000, John Woodgate wrote:

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise
wrote (in ) about

'Christmas
vs "Holidays"', on Sat, 18 Dec 2004:

Has anyone ever determined exactly how a common housefly lands on a
ceiling? Does he do a loop-the-loop, or a barrel roll?

A barrel-roll, IIRC. This was discovered about 20 years ago, I think.

Thanks for this. Somehow, I had got the weird idea that they reach up
above their head with their front feet, grab the ceiling, and just sort

of
swing their butt up like some kind of Olympic athlete on the uneven bars
doing a loop-de-loop or something.

So, are there clockwise-rolling flies and counterclockwise-rolling

flies,
like there are right-handed and left-handed people? (and practically
everything else, for that matter, even Moties?)

In the northern hemisphere they roll counter-clockwise. ...just
like they go down the toilet. Coriolis force, ya know. ;-)

--
Keith

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Richard The Troll

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:36:34 +0000, Paul Burke wrote:

jsmith wrote:
The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions to
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Keep your sticky fingers off our Yule. We (humans) were celebrating the
Winter Solstice thousands of years before you traduced the teachings of
Bar Yussuf.

Traduce? Is that like promulgate?

Thanks,
Rich