Road Food (long rant)

Old August 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Gregory Morrow

vonroach wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:44:05 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

So . . . . it will be great to get away from here for awhile. BUT I

know
for a fact that it will be even GREATer to get back. Back to

cockroaches
the size of chipmonks. Mosquitos that could stand flat-footed and make

love
to a turkey. Heat, humidity, blizzard alerts, mildew in the showers

Ah, the same old northern Illinois that lingers distastefully in my
memory.

Ummmm...the place the poster is referring to is HOUSTON, Professor....

--
Best
Greg

Old August 21st, 2004, 11:59 PM
Auntie Em

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:41:43 GMT, vonroach
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:35:21 -0500, Auntie Em
wrote:

There are places in Colorado that are beautiful, but Duranog isn't one
of them - unless you get real excited about Smelter Mountain, or maybe
the new Animas pumping station.

Sounds like a paradise next to Denver.

I've heard that Denver isn't the best. But Colorado Springs is
DIVINE!

Em

The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents,
and the second half by our children.
--- Clarence Darrow
(make that YOUR children).
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:10 AM
vonroach

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:59:45 -0500, Auntie Em
wrote:

I've heard that Denver isn't the best. But Colorado Springs is
DIVINE!

Let me bet you've never been to this foothill town.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:13 AM
vonroach

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:00:42 GMT, "Jack Tyler"
wrote:

"vonroach" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:52:05 -0500, jcoulter
wrote:

The locals don't eat out. Either because they can't afford to or
because it isn't part of their culture. Restaurateurs don't have to
sweat return bidness. If the scenery is good enough, there will be a
steady supply of wallets passing through.

Did you ever stop and think the travelers may be in search of scenery,
and not reporters from some restaurant rag?

Did I miss something? I'll read the thread better, but I was wondering who
was a reporter from a restaurant mag.

Gee Jacko, I thought it was obvious, all the food critics passing
through scenic areas. By the way, how is the view from Tony's? There
I've left the door open for another fond reminisce.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:36 AM
Auntie Em

wrote:

I've heard that Denver isn't the best. But Colorado Springs is
DIVINE!

Let me bet you've never been to this foothill town.

Oh my yes I have been there many times (in fact, I was stationed in
Ft. Carson for a couple of years).

It's a great town - lots of fun things to do and see. The last time
we went we got to stay at the Broadmoor (luckily, I wasn't paying for
it), which was just about the nicest experience I can recall having.

Unfortunately, hubby and I were both working a lot during the visit so
we didn't get to do a lot of fun things like go to the zoo, check out
the malls, etc. Sadly, we didn't even have much time to eat out,
which was unfortunate, because I understand there are lots of great
restaurants there. Anyway, next visit will hopefully, give us more
time to enjoy the city.

By the way - it's beautiful there too!

Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:43 AM
Icono Clast

vonroach wrote:

Auntie Em wrote:
I've heard that Denver isn't the best. But Colorado Springs is
DIVINE!

Let me bet you've never been to this foothill town.

An easy win. I've had to spend six weeks of my life in that hellhole.
Oh, it's pretty but the people are awful and the food worse. Were it
not for the university, there'd be nothing unnatural there worth an
instant 'cept maybe the Broadmoor.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net