Frankfurt Germany Tour Ideas

Old February 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.travel
Joe Marcus

Default Frankfurt Germany Tour Ideas

Hello --

My wife and I will be in Frankfurt at the end March for a wedding and
will have some extra days to look around - I am looking for any ideas,
suggestions, places to definitely see or places to avoid in the
Frankfurt area -- thanks in advance

--
Joe Marcus
Marcus Photography

http://www.marcusphotography.com

Creating outstanding images for outstanding Festivals & Events around
the United States.

Old February 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.travel
Keith Anderson

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:02:10 -0500, Joe Marcus
wrote:

Hello --

My wife and I will be in Frankfurt at the end March for a wedding and
will have some extra days to look around - I am looking for any ideas,
suggestions, places to definitely see or places to avoid in the
Frankfurt area -- thanks in advance

You could head up into the Taunus hills north of Frankfurt -
Königstein is pleasant.

Heidelberg is an easy journey.

You're also not far from the Rhine. North of Wiesbaden/Mainz (also
worth a look) the spectacular Rhine Gorge begins at Rüdesheim/Bingen.

You could also try a circular trip (and can be done by train):
Frankfurt - Limburg-an-der-Lahn and along the Lahn valley to Koblenz,
thence along the Rhine back to Frankfurt via Wiesbaden or Mainz.

The Spessart Hills are to the SW - don't know the area well, but from
travelling through it's beautiful.

Keith, Bristol, UK
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.travel
Keith Anderson

wrote:

Hello --

My wife and I will be in Frankfurt at the end March for a wedding and
will have some extra days to look around - I am looking for any ideas,
suggestions, places to definitely see or places to avoid in the
Frankfurt area -- thanks in advance

I'm assuming that you mean Frankfurt am Main rather than Frankfurt an
der Oder?

Keith, Bristol, UK