My Plan to US east coast

Old April 12th, 2004, 08:22 PM
number

Default My Plan to US east coast

well ........

Actually there are lots of places i would like to visit...
i plan to Orlando mainly bcoz of the diseny world ..
ha ha ...

I will finish my school work by 12May....
and I need some time to pack things in my hall and send back home ...
I can start my trip on 14 or 15 May
but i must in NYC on 19 May ...
thus my 1st stop must be there............

besides NYC and Orlando ...
I am planning to visit my aunt in Toronto for a week....

My budget for the trip is USD$3000~$4000 (incl air tickets)

time is unlimited .. as i still do not have a job offer ...:
actually i would like to have a 4-week trip if it is with in my budget ...

btw ...
where should i find travel agents in NYC and Orlando? thx ...

"Peter L" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

"number" wrote in message

Figure on at least $200/day for two people in Orlando for food,
lodging and park tickets to all the attractions.

If only food?

If only food you can get by with something like $10 to 20 a day.

it is the first time for me to US ...
I even dont know how much for a McDonald's Meal.....

How about Miami?
It is good place?

It's a good place, but don't have the theme parks like Orlando. And it's
not cheaper than Orlando. But first tell us why you are traveling to NY,

DC
and Florida?

thx ..

"Russell Patterson"
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:33:54 +0800, "ninegirl"
wrote:

I am going to have a graduation trip with my boy friend in mid

May........

16/5 Hong Kong - NYC (i think i will arrive there at night...)
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC (i need to attend a conference at 19/5

afternoon)
20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC
23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando
30/5 - back H.K.

Figure on at least $200/day for two people in Orlando for food,
lodging and park tickets to all the attractions. And that is staying
off-site at cheap hotels. Double that if you want to stay on-site at
WDW or US. You need at least 4 days just to see all the parks at WDW,
2 days for Universal Studios, 1 day for Sea World.

I would skip DC and go straight to Orlando to get the most out of it.

Your best bet might be to check with a knowledgable travel agent to
get the most out of the time you spend at Orlando. They can recommend
the best package deals that will give you the park access you want for
a decent price, along with the hotels.

May is a good time to go to the Orlando parks because the schools are
still in session and it is not as crowded as it will be one month
later.

Russ

respond here or email responses to

Old April 12th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Peter L

"number" wrote in message news:1081797765.457282@eng-ser6...
well ........

Actually there are lots of places i would like to visit...
i plan to Orlando mainly bcoz of the diseny world ..
ha ha ...

Well in that case don't go to Miami.

I will finish my school work by 12May....
and I need some time to pack things in my hall and send back home ...
I can start my trip on 14 or 15 May
but i must in NYC on 19 May ...
thus my 1st stop must be there............

Got it.

besides NYC and Orlando ...
I am planning to visit my aunt in Toronto for a week....

That's quite a difference in distance, going north and south.

My budget for the trip is USD$3000~$4000 (incl air tickets)

Per person? If it's per person, you should have no problem. If it's for 2
you are a little cramped.

time is unlimited .. as i still do not have a job offer ...:
actually i would like to have a 4-week trip if it is with in my budget ...

btw ...
where should i find travel agents in NYC and Orlando? thx ...

Find them in Chinatown and Queens area. Chinese agents work on razor thin
margins and they can give you the best bargain.

"Peter L" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Brian K

On 04/11/2004 12:33 PM ninegirl wrote:

I am going to have a graduation trip with my boy friend in mid May........

16/5 Hong Kong - NYC (i think i will arrive there at night...)
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC (i need to attend a conference at 19/5 afternoon)
20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC
23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando
30/5 - back H.K.

would someone suggest me some low price hostal?
Does $3000 (incl airtickets) enough for this plan?

thx ...

Looking at the United States on a map, distances can be very deceptive.
How do you plan to get from NYC to Washington DC? From DC to Orlando
and from where do you fly back to Hong Kong?

If you drive, or take a train or bus there isn't sufficient time to get
from Washington DC to Orlando. What you need to do is focus on one
location and have a quality visit there. In June New York City can be
hot, but places like Orlando can be hotter and more humid.

Put off DC and Orlando for another trip at another time. You mentioned
that you have relatives you plan to visit in Toronto Canada. The
logical thing would be to divide the time between New York City, some
day excursions to the New Jersey Shore. Then explore upstate New York
en route to Toronto. You can do this by train from New York City.

Just as we Americans hear only about foreign cities, you likewise have
only heard about tourist attractions in our cities. My country is more
than cities. Hudson, New York was the home for many turn 1800's water
colorists school of painting known as the "Hudson School of Painting."
Olana situated on a mountain top overlooking the Upper Hudson River is a
beautiful place to visit with breath taking views of the river below and
mountains on the western bank. Here is a link to Olana -
http://www.olana.org/ and Hudson and here is a link to Hudson with
links to other Catskill Mountain communities. http://hudson.hvnet.com/

Here are some NJ Shore Links, reachable by Bus or Train: Ocean Grove
reachable by bus or train: http://www.oceangrovenj.com/ NJ Beach Info
http://www.nmark.com/njs/njbeach.html Sandy Hook State Park (currently
only reachable by car. A summer ferry from lower NYC is planned.)
http://www.nps.gov/gate/pphtml/activities.html

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 13th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article 1081762964.571142@eng-ser4, "number"
wrote:

mummm...

Let's see....
a round trip tickets from HKG to NYC cost about USD$ 900 ~ $1000 with 2
additional stops.... (the cheapest one is USD$620 but no additional stops)
there is a package of USD$1130 with 2 nights in Wellington Hotel NYC

There are total 2 1/2 days in NYC.... bcoz I need to attend a conference on
19/5 afternoon....
It is too little time in NYC? Actually, I just want to have a city
tour...... I saw a ad like this ....

NYC One Day Tour

For this trip, you will be guided to explore New York City, One of the
biggest cities in the world. It is known as a "melting pot". It is also the
economic and cultural center of the United States. Our professional tour
guide will lead you to Ellis Island, Wall Street, United Nations, World
Trade Center, Rockefeller Center, Time Square, 42nd Street..

Attractions Includes: Statue of Liberty (Ferry ride to Liberty Island)
United Nations (Land of over 185 Countries) Central Park (Museum in Midtown)
Lincoln Center (Prestigious Performance) Wall Street (Cradle of the world's
economy) Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral Time Square/Broadway
theater district

Impossible ~?

For the DC ... I am going to join some local tours in NYC ..... of coz I can
stay in NYC for more days ....
how long should i spend there, any suggestions?
besides .... any budget hostel in NYC?

How about make a visit to Miami + Orlando for 6 days ...?
In Orlando ....
I would like to visit the Kennedy Space Center, Sea World of Florida, Disney
World and the Universal.....(Water Park if hv time)

Pls kindly told me how much i need for the trip ....thx .....

Keep in mind that the last weekend in May is a major American holiday.
It is the unofficial start of the summer vacation season. Finding
inexpensive hotel rooms in major vacation destinations such as Miami
and Orlando that weekend is going to be difficult. You should start
booking now.

Frankly, if budget is a consideration for you, I suggest you stay in
New York for your entire trip. Rest assured, you will have no trouble
finding interesting things to see and do in New York the entire time.
Old April 13th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article 1081797765.457282@eng-ser6, "number"
wrote:

well ........

Actually there are lots of places i would like to visit...
i plan to Orlando mainly bcoz of the diseny world ..
ha ha ...

I will finish my school work by 12May....
and I need some time to pack things in my hall and send back home ...
I can start my trip on 14 or 15 May
but i must in NYC on 19 May ...
thus my 1st stop must be there............

besides NYC and Orlando ...
I am planning to visit my aunt in Toronto for a week....

My budget for the trip is USD$3000~$4000 (incl air tickets)

time is unlimited .. as i still do not have a job offer ...:
actually i would like to have a 4-week trip if it is with in my budget ...

I really think you are being way too ambitious with your itinerary
and with your budget. You'll spend most of your $3,000 in transportation
costs. Tickets to Disney World are also not cheap, and visiting there
on a holiday weekend is going to be extremely crowded. Check Disney's
web site to confirm, but I believe that a one day pass around $55.
Food in Disney World is also very expensive.

You can get tons of information about costs by doing a web search
or by reading through guidebooks.
Old April 13th, 2004, 02:54 AM
number

as the beginning ....
I have planned to stay in NYC for one week....
but most of Hong Kong guys said ....
4 days is enough bcoz NYC is similar to HK....
too much tall building and a busy city ....

thus i plan to leave NYC and find some fun in Orlando...

I know that even i stay in the NYC for 4 weeks, there are still lots of
things i still miss ...
Just like I still have not visited many places in Hong Kong even I hv lived
in here for 22 years ..

Old April 13th, 2004, 03:02 AM

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:31:15 GMT, Brian K
wrote:

If you drive, or take a train or bus there isn't sufficient time to get
from Washington DC to Orlando. What you need to do is focus on one
location and have a quality visit there. In June New York City can be
hot, but places like Orlando can be hotter and more humid.

Put off DC and Orlando for another trip at another time.

A very sensible appraoch.

I'd like to add that there are extremely cheap buses between NYC and
DC. They are still having a price war. Fares are running usually $20
to $25 - and sometimnes as low as $10, each leg, from the Chinatown of
one to the Chinatown of the other. I would not be able to put up with
the onboard films iin Chinese - without headphones, but perhaps this
young person is more comfortable with that.

If she stays in the NYC Youth Hostel on the upper West Side - which
probably has counterparts in DC - it's about as inexpensive a place
to stay as she'll find in the either city and has the added advantage
that they have their own tour deals arranged among the Hostel
residents. And her fellow residents they will be from all over the
world - and excellent environment within which to explore NYC.

The NYC Yoth Hostel on the yupper west side is well situated, near
good subways conections and all the good restaurants and shops of the
upper West Side - as well as within easy distance of Lincoln Cneter,
Central Park, etc.

CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info
Old April 13th, 2004, 03:17 AM
number

We can't drive ..
(too expensive to hv a car in Hong Kong ...)

I am finding a package
http://www.packages.com.hk/package.php?id=126
(but in Chinese ...)
The cheapest one is HKD$8390 = USD$1076...
with 2 nights in Roosevelt Hotel ....
If I need an addition stop in MCO i just need HKD$600 = USD$77

I am planning to Washington by joining the local bus-tour in NYC ...

thus ...

16/5 Hong Kong - NYC (i think i will arrive there at night...)
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC (i need to attend a conference at 19/5 afternoon)
20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC
****22/5 night i will be in NYC....
23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando (by air)
30/5 - back H.K.

news

Old April 13th, 2004, 03:21 AM
number

o...
arent there any special package for Orlando ?
some said if i buy the WDW tickets in Orlando travel agents .... only need
60%~70% of the orginial price ...

I really like to visit Orlando .....

Old April 13th, 2004, 03:22 AM

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:54:43 +0800, "number" wrote:

4 days is enough bcoz NYC is similar to HK....
too much tall building and a busy city ....

No - I'm sory to say they missed the point of NYC - and maybe of
America itself. I have been to HK many times in my 71 years. I love
it.

But NYC is not just another big city filled with tall buildings.
Hemingway called Paris, "A Moveable Feast." Alnd for 2,000 years,
people have been saying, "All roads lead to Rome.' All of those aare
true.

In that same way, one of our writers, O. Henry, about 70 years ago,
called it "Bahgdad on the Hudson" (referring to the Hudson River that
shapes one side of it - using Bahgdad as a romantic metaphor for a
deeply complex city impossible to embrace in a short while.

In modern times, it is not jingoism or arrogance to call NYC "The
Capital of The World." If you are fascinated with the phenomenon of
cites, and have seen many, you will agree that many are at least
similar or even very much alike. But because of a variety of factors,
NYC is one of those that can be called "sui generis" - one of kind -
similar only to itself.

For one thing, it is a city for pedestrains. While you probably should
take the one-day double deck bus toou to get the lay of the land, take
note during your tours, use public transit to go from neighbor to
neighborhood - but otherwise, dress for comnfrotable walking. Walk on
the main streets - and then turn down any side stret in almost any
part of twon and you will see the real NYC.

You'll see the quiet little homes of ordinary people and maybe in the
next block you pass rows of obviously expensive mansions.

You'll walk down one street and find, as you will in HK or Beijing or
Seoul or Tokyo, that the street is lined on both sides with merchants
and craftsmen of one trade. There are streets where every shop sells
only stringed instruments such as guitars. On another street, within a
few minutes walk, you see nothing but diamond merchants. On another it
will be makers of fur coats. And you find neighborhoods in which
almost every person and every shop is Russian, or German or Italian,
etc.

Is one week too much time to spend in NYC? Hardly. So far, one
lifetime is not enough.