Flying home - what would you do?

Old April 18th, 2004, 06:42 PM
disneyfanla

Default Flying home - what would you do?

By all means, just go directly to Newark. Getting from JFK to EWR
(Newark) is a MAJOR hassle in many areas, including convenience,
planning, timing and money.

Pizzaman wrote:

We (my wife, myself, two kids 7 & 11) are flying out of Orlando to
catch our SAS-flight from Newark back home to Copenhagen. Our
SAS-flight leaves Newark at 17.50 (same as 5.50 PM ?).

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

If we fly to JFK we would of course have to allocate time to transfer
to Newark.

What would you do?

Pizzaman

Old April 18th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Miguel Cruz

Pizzaman wrote:
We (my wife, myself, two kids 7 & 11) are flying out of Orlando to
catch our SAS-flight from Newark back home to Copenhagen. Our
SAS-flight leaves Newark at 17.50 (same as 5.50 PM ?).

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

If we fly to JFK we would of course have to allocate time to transfer
to Newark.

If you think you would enjoy the trip across NYC (I love that sort of thing)
- especially if you had the time to break the trip in the middle and walk
around and have lunch there - then go for the JFK flight.

Otherwise, if you're purely concerned about efficiency and cost, Newark
wins. You'll spend $20 apiece to get from JFK to EWR and it will take close
to 2 hours all told. Not worth it unless the journey itself is a reward.

miguel
Old April 18th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Traveller

"Gary C" wrote in message
. ..

"Pizzaman" wrote in message
m...

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

Is that in U.S. funds?

As opposed to what?

Old April 19th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Gary C

"Traveller" wrote in message

"Gary C" wrote in message
. ..

"Pizzaman" wrote in message
m...

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

Is that in U.S. funds?

As opposed to what?

As oposed to what ever funds for the country the .dk (Denmark?)
email came from! Or didn't you notice that?

Are we talking about a $130 difference in U.S. funds,
or foreign currency?

Old April 19th, 2004, 02:13 AM

"Gary C" wrote
"Pizzaman" wrote

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

Is that in U.S. funds?

You cannot be serious.
OP is flying HOME to Denmark.
Perhaps you think Jetblue - a US DOMESTIC airline accept "Danish Dollars"

(Yes, I know the currency of Denmark is the Kroner)
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:19 AM
mtravelkay

Gary C wrote:

"Traveller" wrote in message

"Gary C" wrote in message
m...

"Pizzaman" wrote in message
.com...

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

Is that in U.S. funds?

As opposed to what?

As oposed to what ever funds for the country the .dk (Denmark?)
email came from! Or didn't you notice that?

Are we talking about a $130 difference in U.S. funds,
or foreign currency?

Well, they did use the DOLLAR sign.

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Brian K

On 04/18/2004 9:19 PM mtravelkay wrote:

Gary C wrote:

"Traveller" wrote in message

"Gary C" wrote in message
. ..

"Pizzaman" wrote in message
m...

Now, Song or Continental will fly us directly to Newark for 480$
total, while Jetblue or Song will fly us to JFK for only 350$ total.

Is that in U.S. funds?

As opposed to what?

As oposed to what ever funds for the country the .dk (Denmark?)
email came from! Or didn't you notice that?

Are we talking about a $130 difference in U.S. funds,
or foreign currency?

Well, they did use the DOLLAR sign.

If you go to Mexico you'll find that they use the $ before Mexican Pesos
amounts. When it come to currency, the USA doesn't have a corner on the
"$" symbol.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 19th, 2004, 07:02 AM
mtravelkay

Brian K wrote:
On 04/18/2004 9:19 PM mtravelkay wrote:

Well, they did use the DOLLAR sign.

If you go to Mexico you'll find that they use the $ before Mexican Pesos
amounts. When it come to currency, the USA doesn't have a corner on the
"$" symbol.

They are Danish people asking about flying from Orlando to the NYC area
to connect to a flight to Denmark. Why would they be stating the price
difference in pesos? And, if you look at the post I was replying to, the
guy was asking

As oposed to what ever funds for the country the .dk (Denmark?)
email came from! Or didn't you notice that?

Are we talking about a $130 difference in U.S. funds,
or foreign currency?

So, my response to that was they used the dollar sign. Since they don't
use the dollar sign for the Danish Krone, then I assume they meant US
dollars as that was the only other option in the post I responded to.
He said "as oposed to whatever fund for the country"...