Water Tax?

Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

Default Water Tax?

On May 23, 5:37 am, "Michael" wrote:
"BeaForoni" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am an infrequent flyer. Once a year for vacations. I just came back

My real complaint is the stupid water thing. I've read the accounts
of the 'plot' that lead to the whole liquid ban. What a crock! Now I
must choose to buy a three dollar bottle of water or die of
dehydration.

If I've paid several hundred dollars for an air ticket then paying another 3
dollars for a bottle of water isn't a major concern to me! I only worry
about total price for the trip and air travel can still be a real bargain
these days - particularly when compared with the alternatives.

Plus the airline serves water if asked. For free.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, Tchiowa said:

On May 23, 5:37 am, "Michael" wrote:

"BeaForoni" wrote in message

egroups.com...

I am an infrequent flyer. Once a year for vacations. I just came back

My real complaint is the stupid water thing. I've read the accounts
of the 'plot' that lead to the whole liquid ban. What a crock! Now I
must choose to buy a three dollar bottle of water or die of
dehydration.

If I've paid several hundred dollars for an air ticket then paying
another 3 dollars for a bottle of water isn't a major concern to me! I
only worry about total price for the trip and air travel can still be a
real bargain these days - particularly when compared with the
alternatives.

Plus the airline serves water if asked. For free.

And you can have as much water as you want...

Really. If you can count on it so much, why does AA SELL bottles of
water on the plane?

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...ealService.jsp
"On January 1, 2007, we began offering more choices onboard for your
convenience. Snack boxes and muffins were replaced with a choice of
individually-packaged snacks and bottled water for purchase on flights
that are two hours or longer."
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On May 23, 11:59 am, NotABushSupporter wrote:
Larry in AZ wrote:
Waiving the right to remain silent, Tchiowa said:

On May 23, 5:37 am, "Michael" wrote:

egroups.com...

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U.../duringFlight/...
"On January 1, 2007, we began offering more choices onboard for your
convenience. Snack boxes and muffins were replaced with a choice of
individually-packaged snacks and bottled water for purchase on flights
that are two hours or longer."

They sells bottles and they also supply free glasses of water.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, Tchiowa said:

On May 23, 5:37 am, "Michael" wrote:

"BeaForoni" wrote in message

glegroups.com...

[...]

If you could really get "as much as you want", why would the airline
need to sell bottles?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

NotABushSupporter wrote:
If you could really get "as much as you want", why would the airline
need to sell bottles?

They don't "need" to; they do it because it makes money.

Many people seem to think that water that comes in a plastic bottle is
somehow better than normal water, and so will pay more money for it.

Unfortunately it is not legal to poke those people in the eye when you
spot them.

miguel
--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Detailed airport information: http://airport.u.nu
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nobody

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Many people seem to think that water that comes in a plastic bottle is
somehow better than normal water, and so will pay more money for it.

The Coke and Pepsi bottled water (I think one of them is called Dassani)
is nothing more than the filtered tap water they use to make
Coke/Pepsi. They pour in into bottles without adding carbonation or the
syrup for coke/pepsi.

However, when you stay away from those brands, you get real "spring
water" which is taken from a well or a real spring.

If you are ever at Weissenburg in Switzerland (between Spiez and
Gstaad), they have excellent spring water that is naturally carbonated.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Miguel Cruz wrote:

NotABushSupporter wrote:

If you could really get "as much as you want", why would the airline
need to sell bottles?

They don't "need" to; they do it because it makes money.

Many people seem to think that water that comes in a plastic bottle is
somehow better than normal water, and so will pay more money for it.

They sell it on the same flights where the flight attendants pour
bottled water into cups. However, often the call button is ignored in Y
class.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Nobody wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Many people seem to think that water that comes in a plastic bottle is
somehow better than normal water, and so will pay more money for it.

The Coke and Pepsi bottled water (I think one of them is called Dassani)
is nothing more than the filtered tap water they use to make
Coke/Pepsi. They pour in into bottles without adding carbonation or the
syrup for coke/pepsi.

However, when you stay away from those brands, you get real "spring
water" which is taken from a well or a real spring.

Of course, the spring water might be no better than the filtered tap water.

If you are ever at Weissenburg in Switzerland (between Spiez and
Gstaad), they have excellent spring water that is naturally carbonated.

I guess they might be ok as long as they don't get mixed with benzene
aas Perrier had in 1990, causing the recall of 160 million bottles.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Larry in AZ wrote:
Waiving the right to remain silent, NotABushSupporter
said:

I haven't flown on AA for quite some time, but my guess would be that
they're selling the "Foo-Foo" water.

I don't think it is Evian.
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Frank F. Matthews

NotABushSupporter wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

NotABushSupporter wrote:

If you could really get "as much as you want", why would the airline
need to sell bottles?

They don't "need" to; they do it because it makes money.

Many people seem to think that water that comes in a plastic bottle is
somehow better than normal water, and so will pay more money for it.

They sell it on the same flights where the flight attendants pour
bottled water into cups. However, often the call button is ignored in Y
class.

You need to walk about a bit anyway. Drop by the galley.