Share Your Travel Photos and Stories With Me?

Old November 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Default Share Your Travel Photos and Stories With Me?

http://myspace.com/austinfictionwriter

I'm writing my first fiction book and so far, I think it's coming
along great! While I cannot disclose too much of it's contents, I
will say that the story includes travel to many places both in the US
and world wide. My problem as a writer is that I cannot visit every
place in person that I'm writing about. I can do a lot of research on
line and get many particulars about different places and peoples and
such.

But for the nitty gritty particulars, there's no substitute for
actually having been someplace. I'm asking anyone who is interested
in sharing their experiences and hopefully photos of places they've
traveled to, so that I can accurately write about places I have never
been to.

Here's some background for you. In my story I travel to different
places around the world, and I'm there for not more than 24 hours,
give or take. So what I am hoping to get in photos especially and in
description is specifically:
- what streets do you take when headed to your destination?

- what businesses (restaurants, shops, etc) do you pass on the way to
your destination?

- what interesting things do you see (landmarks, bridges, etc, natural
features, etc) on the way to your destination?

- what does your destination look like? Is it a house, hotel, motel,
camp ground, resort, apartment, castle, barn, etc?

- What were the people like there? Friendly, cranky, helpful, keep to
them selves, etc.

- What was the feel of the place you visited? Open and warm, alive
and vibrant, conservative, etc.

Your destinations do not have to be touristy in any way. In fact,
just the opposite would be best. The photos and stories or
descriptions you share could be of anyone (I won't know the
difference) - missionary work that's been done, vacations you've been
on, etc.

I will not write an exact likeness of the photos you share. The
names, places, people - everything will be changed so as not to
compromise anyone's security or where abouts. I only want real world
examples of places so that I can write as realistically as possible,
turning real world people and places into fiction.

I cannot pay any one or give anyone specific recognition for their
submissions. I'm sorry, but I was advised against this.

I thank everyone in advance for helping.