NYC subway, New Orleans or Wash. DC?

Old October 4th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Eric Holeman

Default NYC subway, New Orleans or Wash. DC?

In article ,
Hans-Christian Grosz wrote:

Is it save at such nightly hours, to take subway and walk around in
Queens, Brooklyn and Manhatten, or should I head for the first cab to
get me back home? Does the subway is out of service during night or
runs 24h?

The subway runs all night, and is probably safer at night than you've
heard, especially in the parts of Manhattan that you'll likely be
spending most of your time in. I wouldn't go heading off to just any old
station in the other boroughs (or even in Manhattan) without better info.
Not a bad idea to have some bus information with you, too.

Any other hints I should know? I'm from a european town (vienna) where
its pretty save to walk around everywhere anytime a day/night.

It's pretty safe to walk around the busier parts of Manhattan. If you're
staying at a convenient location, you may find that it's easy enough to
walk back to your hotel at night.

Also, another trip might bring me some days to New Orleans or
Washington DC or some other nice city in the eastern states. I wonder
which might be a good choice, for reasons like historical,
architectural value, getting an impression of urban lifestyle or
similar.

We're not really eastern here, but we're easy to get to than New Orleans
and our airport subway service beats NYC's hands down. Our architecture
rocks, our urban lifestyle is delightful, and our food can't be beat.
We're always fun to visit. We have a wonderful beach, too (but don't hold
that against us.)

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:03 AM
jennifer cook

(Eric Holeman) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Hans-Christian Grosz wrote:

[...]

hey im thinking about visiting NY next year for my holiday and just
wondered if anyone had any info about it and if they enjoyed the time
they had there