Point to point vs savers pass (2 months with 14 days) Europe

Old April 27th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Amanda

Default Point to point vs savers pass (2 months with 14 days) Europe

I'm about to take a 3 months trip to europe with my bf. Our itenary
starts in this order:
1) spain (madrid, toledo lisbon, sevilla, cordoba, granada, valencia
visit family, balcelona)-
2) provence france (3 days)-
3) italy (1 month cinque terre, lake como, vinece, florence, siena,
day trips trought out hill towns, rome, civiata, sorrento, day trips
around sorrento, and sicilli)-
4) germany munich(2 days)-
5) holand amsterdam (2 days)-
6) belgium bruge( 2days)-
7) paris and surrounding area (3 days)- france Loire(2 days)-
8) spain pamplona and basque country (3 weeks spend with bf's family,
after that we will visit segovia, avila,cuenca and back to madrid)

My question is, given my itenary, is it more economical to get point
to point train tickets? or get somekind of pass like savers pass for 2
months with 14 days??

its really hard to find out exactly how much the tickets cost. i try :
http://bahn.hafas.de/bin/query.exe/en , althought they have detail
schedules, they don't have prices for many local train routes.

Could anyone give me any suggestion?

thanks
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:16 PM
MOA

Amanda, I think you would be much better buying a 3 month pass for your trip
as the trips you want to take would blow out in cost if you purchased point
to point. If you travel togeter you can get the saver rate. Before you
leave, organize your itenerary, and book your trips on highspeed trains and
also trips on infrequent routes. You can do it all online at
www.raileurope.com Beware that booking highspeed trains costs $10 each time
you book, if you book 1 trip you pay $10, if you book 10 at the same time-
$10, if you book 10 trips separatelt $100. Also reserve seats on infrequent
routes and overnight trips, dont worry about reserving for routes with lots

Old May 8th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Tim Kroesen

Just to note; I last Month purchased a pass from Eurorailways.com based
in Florida. Free handling on orders over $200; free Fed Ex Saver
delivery that got to Ohio in less than 24 hrs; all the usual rail pass
give aways like map and timetable book; and $7 premium train bookings.
I shopped around and I'm happy with their deal...

I'll be using a 5 day Three country pass for major movement days on my
Twenty day trip.

Euro Railways
http://www.eurorailways.com

Tim K