world's worst tourists

Old October 15th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Desmond Coughlan

Default Nice Ugly Americans

le Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:02:00 +0100, dans l'article , Keith Willshaw a dit ...

{ snip }

"If that guy bothers me again, I'll kill him" is an extremely dangerous
thing to say in front of witnesses. If you get in a fight and he dies,
you're a murderer.

This is simplistic at best

The word you're looking for is 'garbage'.

--
Desmond Coughlan |desmond [at] zeouane [dot] org
http://www.zeouane.org/
Old October 19th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Mason Barge

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:28:38 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
Keith Willshaw writes:

This is simplistic at best, any defense lawyer can and will point
out that this is a common figure of speech and rarely carries
the literal meaning implied.

Any prosecutor will point out that he said it, and ten minutes later, he
did it.

So what, the use of the words mean nothing in it self, historically
succesful prosecutions for murder in brawls are rare and words
uttered in the heat of anger are a poor basis for an argument
of premeditation. Of course the law on this varies, in many US
states pre-meditation is not required, under English law it is.

Keith

You don't know what you're talking about. I mean, you are not even
close to knowing what you're talking about.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old October 19th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Mason Barge

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:33:49 +0100, Reid©
wrote:

Following up to Gregory Morrow

These are not wealthy louche
Eurotrash types, just yer average well - educated and hard - working
professional types....

they are "average" europeans who prefer to live in
america..........

Nah, nobody (well almost nobody) is going to call a European living in
the US "Eurotrash" if they have a job. As I understand the word, it
is also applied to persons living as playboys in Europe.

I think people both from the US and Europe often travel a long
distance from home to sow their wild oats. I remember someone telling
me that English girls used to travel to Italy to lose their virginity.

Anyway, young people with money who want to spend all their time and
energy clubbing, gambling, doing drugs, having sex with large numbers
of inappropriate people, etc., have a lot of valid reasons to distance
themselves from their parents and friends.

Old October 19th, 2003, 09:16 PM
psmith

Whether you like it or dislike it, 24 hour and 7 day shopping is hardly the
measure of progress or civilisation. I would have thought, it was a
convenience which some groups or countries value more than others.

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Reid© wrote:
Following up to Go Fig
Unless its for travel, Germany's millions can do very little shopping

on
Sunday and restricted on Saturday.

Decidedly a poor quality of life measurement for me.

unless you work in retail, what some americans don't seem to get
is that one mans convenience is another mans inconvenience.

I never understood this. Is anyone forced to work the night shift? The
people who would otherwise be working a second job to earn a little more
money could instead just be underemployed.

It seems the only beneficiaries of this are tiny shopowners who just don't
feel like dealing with the hassle of staying open past dinnertime, and

have
managed to persuade the government to ensure it's not an option.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.