Has the quality of cruiselines declined ?

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:49 AM
OcnGypZ

Default Has the quality of cruiselines declined ?

Subject: Has the quality of cruiselines declined ?

My mother in law's travel agent is claiming that cruising is not what it
used to be.

I agree with your mil's ta. Depending on your mil.. it may be a good thing..
it may be a bad thing.

I will agree that cruising in the Caribbean in the summer is not the best
value. Because there are so few ships there in the summer, rates are
artificially inflated and a good part of the value is lost.

However, if you see your way clear to possiblly sailing the last week of August
(I don't know when your kids go back to school).. you'll find rates will be
lower than mid-summer.

IMHO Princess is a better cruiseline for families with children due in part to
the flexibility of dining choices (when and where). Also a bit more active
shipboard style. I've have sailed Celebrity extensively.. and while it is a
nice line for middle-aged adults... IMHO it is not at the top of my list for
families. I especially think Century's eastern itinerary is horrible. She
constantly runs late into San Juan.. and doesn't spend enough time in Nassau.
The western itinerary is okay, though.

Disney in the middle of the summer..too stinkin' hot for me!

Babette