Anyone tried this?

Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Anyone tried this?

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:54:07 -0700, "PTRAVEL"
wrote:

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
robert stephens wrote:
I've done this several times without a back-up battery or adapter

toplug
in on the airline. Without changing any settings, I can just get

through
one two-hour film.

With my iBook I can get through two movies if I copy them onto the hard
drive first (uses less power than the DVD drive).

That's an interesting idea. I didn't think to try that.

Better still, use some ripper software to convert the DVD to an AVI
file and store that on your hard drive. It will take up a lot less
disk space that copying the DVD directly.
I now have a collection of
several movies on my laptop so that I can choose which ones to watch
during a flight.

Its also worth getting a good set of noise-canceling headphones. I use
the Bose 'QuietComfort', which comes with a set of adapters so that
you can connect them to the airlines in-flight entertainment system as
well as your laptop.

I have the Bose QuietComforts as well. I use them with my MP3 player (which
has a 40G hard drive and a 1394 port, making it usable as a film-storage
device).

Chris

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:06 PM
Miguel Cruz

Vitaly Shmatikov wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
In recent trips on both Northwest and KLM I was pleased to discover
that they had video-on-demand in coach; you can start whenever you
want, fast-forward, rewind, and pause, and a decent-sized library of
films (20 on NW, about 50 on KLM).

KLM 777
NW A330-300

Makes sense, as both were recently added to the fleets. Which routes,
if you don't mind sharing this?

I've had them on DTW and JFK - AMS.

miguel