Greek socialized medicine to the rescue of--- Me.

Old September 26th, 2010, 01:39 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default Greek socialized medicine to the rescue of--- Me.

On Sep 24, 7:11*am, Earl Evleth unwisely wrote:
About a week ago I was sitting at breakfast in a Greek hotel when suddenly,
an provoked mother of all nose bleeds got me. It was steady and when I
blocked my nostril the blood starting pouring out of the other one and out
of my mouth. *Fortunately I remembered to pinch my nose, the hotel had a
taxi take me to the local emergency room. I walked in still bleeding an
covered with it in shirt. *I did not sit down, the nurses saw me and dragged
me into a room, stuffed something my nose and taped it into place. *I was
cleaned up and left.

Charge?? None. Cost to me was for the taxi trip and and from the clinic.
About $10 total.

Socialized medicine once again. *No charge, no wait.

I bled all over the hotel, but the house dog cleaned that up.

This was my first experience with emergency room care.

Charge?? None. Cost to me was for the taxi trip and and from the
clinic.
About $10 total.

Socialized medicine once again. No charge, no wait

Evleth

As the Greek economy goes belly up.