A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Cruises
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

No. It means they just spent $300 Million on rehabbing a ship, are
planning to do several others, and are assuming more of the maintenance
tasks on some of their port facilities to improve guest experiences.


So they will just let the rest of the fleet deteriorate.


Cute - You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Go back to Cruise Critic.
  #22  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

No. It means they just spent $300 Million on rehabbing a ship, are
planning to do several others, and are assuming more of the maintenance
tasks on some of their port facilities to improve guest experiences.


So they will just let the rest of the fleet deteriorate.


Cute - You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Go back to Cruise Critic.


"Denial" is NOT the longest river in Africa! Personal attacks do not
make your case -- especially when faced with the obvious.
  #23  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

No. It means they just spent $300 Million on rehabbing a ship,
are planning to do several others, and are assuming more of the
maintenance tasks on some of their port facilities to improve
guest experiences.

So they will just let the rest of the fleet deteriorate.


Cute - You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Go back to Cruise Critic.


"Denial" is NOT the longest river in Africa! Personal attacks do not
make your case -- especially when faced with the obvious.


I see the obvious in every one of your posts.
  #24  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

No. It means they just spent $300 Million on rehabbing a ship,
are planning to do several others, and are assuming more of the
maintenance tasks on some of their port facilities to improve
guest experiences.

So they will just let the rest of the fleet deteriorate.

Cute - You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Go back to Cruise Critic.


"Denial" is NOT the longest river in Africa! Personal attacks do not
make your case -- especially when faced with the obvious.


I see the obvious in every one of your posts.


One obvious is that Carnival Corp. has been skimping on maintenance for
several years. Another obvious is that you are either in denial over
this or that you have a vested interest in Carnival Corp and that you
have to attack the messenger, rather than address the issue.

No, go crawl back under the rock you came from.
  #25  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,112
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article
,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

One obvious is that Carnival Corp. has been skimping on maintenance for
several years. Another obvious is that you are either in denial over
this or that you have a vested interest in Carnival Corp and that you
have to attack the messenger, rather than address the issue.

No, go crawl back under the rock you came from.


There definitely is something wrong at Carnival. There have been too
many incidents. Whether they are skimping, poorly managed, or there is
a design issue they need to spend some of Mickeys billions and fix the
problem.

--
Charles
  #26  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

One obvious is that Carnival Corp. has been skimping on maintenance for
several years. Another obvious is that you are either in denial over
this or that you have a vested interest in Carnival Corp and that you
have to attack the messenger, rather than address the issue.

No, go crawl back under the rock you came from.


I thought you were the one to object to personal attacks?

The only REAL obvious here is that you have another sagenda in your posts.
Perhaps you work for another cruise line, or perhaps your mother didn't
change your wet nappies often enough. Maybe you just like to show how
intelligent you think you are by putting down a corporation that couldn't
be bothered defending themselves from whiney wimps like yourself. In any
case, you are posting pure speculation based on vaporous evidence.
  #27  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

Charles wrote:

There definitely is something wrong at Carnival. There have been too
many incidents. Whether they are skimping, poorly managed, or there is
a design issue they need to spend some of Mickeys billions and fix the
problem.



Funny. Of course several of these problems have occurred because Carnival
was testing safety equipment and found it wanting, so they "took the high
road" and canceled or curtailed cruises. And of course no other cruise
lines have had incidents all this time... Or have they? If you did a
little research, you'd find there have bneen several. Recently three ships
came into New York so "sick" they had to be scrubbed from bow to stern
before allowing any passengers aboard. Only one of them was a Carnival
ship. Which one was reported by the press? The press is definitely
"piling On" because it sells commercial time, and is always popular to beat
up on the big guy. And you, my dear friend, are buying it hook, line, and
sinker.
  #28  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,112
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article , Nooffa Subject
wrote:

Charles wrote:

There definitely is something wrong at Carnival. There have been too
many incidents. Whether they are skimping, poorly managed, or there is
a design issue they need to spend some of Mickeys billions and fix the
problem.



Funny. Of course several of these problems have occurred because Carnival
was testing safety equipment and found it wanting, so they "took the high
road" and canceled or curtailed cruises. And of course no other cruise
lines have had incidents all this time... Or have they? If you did a
little research, you'd find there have bneen several. Recently three ships
came into New York so "sick" they had to be scrubbed from bow to stern
before allowing any passengers aboard. Only one of them was a Carnival
ship. Which one was reported by the press? The press is definitely
"piling On" because it sells commercial time, and is always popular to beat
up on the big guy. And you, my dear friend, are buying it hook, line, and
sinker.


I thought the subject said maintenance? Other lines do have incidents
but Carnival has had more of late, and more major ones of late. That is
why they are getting bad press. Testing safety equipment.....LOL

All the while as he did during the Concordia disaster Mickey is
tweeting about the Miami Heat.

--
Charles
  #29  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,112
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

One obvious is that Carnival Corp. has been skimping on maintenance for
several years.


Well know cruise industry writers also think it is obvious that Carnival
has a maintenance problem among other problems.

http://www.petergreenberg.com/2013/0...erts-weigh-in/


--
Charles
  #30  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

One obvious is that Carnival Corp. has been skimping on maintenance for
several years. Another obvious is that you are either in denial over
this or that you have a vested interest in Carnival Corp and that you
have to attack the messenger, rather than address the issue.

No, go crawl back under the rock you came from.


I thought you were the one to object to personal attacks?

The only REAL obvious here is that you have another sagenda in your posts.
Perhaps you work for another cruise line, or perhaps your mother didn't
change your wet nappies often enough. Maybe you just like to show how
intelligent you think you are by putting down a corporation that couldn't
be bothered defending themselves from whiney wimps like yourself. In any
case, you are posting pure speculation based on vaporous evidence.


I notice that you did not address the issue. You resorted to personal
attacks, which violate the rules of information exchange. I responded
with a comment that applies to anyone resorting to unprovoked personal
attacks.

No, I have never worked for nor have investments in any cruise line
companies.

I am just a concerned passenger who has cruised on Carnival (twice),
Holland America (twice), Cunard and Princess. I have seen maintenance
issues within the last two years on Carnival and Holland America, which
implies a problem with their corporate ethic.

Now, the question that you have evaded: Do you, "Nooffa Subject", work
for or have significant (to you) investments in CCL?
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] USA & Canada 0 October 26th, 2003 12:18 PM
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] USA & Canada 0 October 26th, 2003 12:14 PM
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] Latin America 0 October 26th, 2003 12:07 PM
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] Backpacking and Budget travel 0 October 26th, 2003 12:07 PM
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] Africa 0 October 26th, 2003 12:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.