Traveling on Memorial Day - May 26th

Old March 16th, 2008, 05:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_]

Default Traveling on Memorial Day - May 26th

Hi,

I am planning a trip to the states.

I am planning to fly from Newark to Charleston SC, on may 26th, probably
through Charlotte NC..

Should there be more than usuall problems on this day?
I am pretty flexible timewise. Would flying at a certain time of day be
better?

TIA

Gadi

--
Gadi Ben-Avi
Jeruaslem, Israel

Old March 16th, 2008, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"Gadi Ben-Avi" wrote:
I am planning a trip to the States.
I am planning to fly from Newark to Charleston SC, on
May 26th, probably through Charlotte NC..
Should there be more than usual problems on this day?
I am pretty flexible timewise. Would flying at a certain time of
day be better?

Memorial Day is a major holiday in the U.S. and you should
expect larger than usual crowds at the airport; however, if you
give yourself enuff time to check-in and clear security, there
should not be a problem.

Typically, airlines recommend that for holidays, you arrive 90
minutes before a domestic flight. You may be able to save
yourself considerable time in line by checking in online before
you arrive at the airport and using curbside check in, if offered.

IMO, your best bet is to take the earliest flights possible, as
mid-day will be the busiest, and if for some reason, there is a
missed connection, there may be a later flight you could take.

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
"Gadi Ben-Avi" wrote:

Hi,

I am planning a trip to the states.

I am planning to fly from Newark to Charleston SC, on may 26th, probably
through Charlotte NC..

Should there be more than usuall problems on this day?

I doubt it.

Newark is in New Jersey. You may encounter more ground traffic on the
roads, as people drive to the beach or mountains. The peak air traffic
is leading up to the holiday and after the holiday. I've traveled on
Thanksgiving day and Newark Liberty International Airport was very
empty. All the same, I agree allow 90 minutes for passing through security.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera