everglades tour

Old September 12th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Brian Kelley

Default everglades tour

we are getting into Miami 2 days prior to our Voyager cruise. We are staying
DT Miami at the Radisson. We want to go to the everglades and was going to
rent a car but heard that the parking DT can be a hassle and expensive. Has
anyone taken a tour (grayline, etc) from DT Miami to the glades? Will they
pick you up in DT Miami. Some I've seen online will only pick up at Miami
Beach hotels on Collins Ave. Thanks for any input. BK

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:35 PM
User 1.nospam

Your hotel should have off-street parking for you.

A tour guarantees you a guide and explanation.

A car offers you flexibility and adventure. (I would take the car) While
you are there looking for gators, take an airboat ride...well worth the
effort.

When we went two years ago (late January) the lady at the airboat desk had a
little map for any who really wanted to see gators. We followed her
map....wowser...we saw so many gators, of all sizes, and so close, that we
stopped counting and just took pictures and wondered if those German
tourists who were fishing right in front of the gators would become gator
bait themselves. Believe me....they came wayyy too close!

Remember, a gator can outrun a horse for the first hundred feet or so....so
you cannot outrun one. My suggestion....tell your wife to go get that
once-in-a-lifetime closeup shot! running and ducking!

et...

Old September 13th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Jim

FYI, just about all the downtown hotels have their own parking and they
charge $10 a day or more. I wish I could tell you about the GrayLIne stuff
but no matter how you do it, the 'Glades' are pretty neat. As for running
from gators, they can run fast and leap from the water quickly and high so
basically we just don;t mess with them and they don;t mess with us. G The
folks that tell you to run zig-zag are funny as that just means the gator
will catch you faster as they will run straight for you. LOL Only time
zig-zag is good is if there are trees or you are running through a parking
lot. I'd be climbing one of those things if one was on my butt.
Jim

. ..

Old September 13th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Cruisetech

The everglades tour I took, I had actually booked from the cruiseship for
when we came back..., took me straight from the pier, managed my luggage,
and dropped me off at the airport!!!