Air France Bus Class booking -- no advance seat assignment?

Old April 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
AES

Default Air France Bus Class booking -- no advance seat assignment?

Made a Bus Class trans-Atlantic booking with Air France, on their web
site, a few weeks ago. Don't recall being asked to choose a seat at the
time; and when I go back to confirm the booking on the Air France web
site using the booking code they sent me, the reservation shows up OK,
but doesn't show a seat assignment, or offer me a way to select a seat.

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_2_]

"AES" wrote in message
Made a Bus Class trans-Atlantic booking with Air France, on their web
site, a few weeks ago. Don't recall being asked to choose a seat at the
time; and when I go back to confirm the booking on the Air France web
site using the booking code they sent me, the reservation shows up OK,
but doesn't show a seat assignment, or offer me a way to select a seat.

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?

Sometimes you won't get your seat assignment until you get to the gate.

Old April 13th, 2009, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air
AES

In article ,
"Jim Davis" wrote:

"AES" wrote in message
Made a Bus Class trans-Atlantic booking with Air France, on their web
site, a few weeks ago. Don't recall being asked to choose a seat at the
time; and when I go back to confirm the booking on the Air France web
site using the booking code they sent me, the reservation shows up OK,
but doesn't show a seat assignment, or offer me a way to select a seat.

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?

Sometimes you won't get your seat assignment until you get to the gate.

Wow! Even in Business ("Affaires") Class? Would really like to get an
aisle seat.
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:10 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Doe[_2_]

AES wrote:

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?

Have you tried to call Air France on old fashioned telephone system and
ask them about it ?
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
AES

In article ,
John Doe wrote:

AES wrote:

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?

Have you tried to call Air France on old fashioned telephone system and
ask them about it ?

Had so many bad experiences any time I've tried to call a large
commercial organization in recent years (endless phone trees, often no
useful outcome at the end) that I've more or less given up on that.

If I don't get a seat assignment at advance checkin online (30 hours in
advance, not 24, in Air France's case), I may nonetheless try calling.
Old April 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Trust No OneŽ

AES wrote:
Made a Bus Class trans-Atlantic booking with Air France, on their web
site, a few weeks ago. Don't recall being asked to choose a seat at
the time; and when I go back to confirm the booking on the Air France
web site using the booking code they sent me, the reservation shows
up OK, but doesn't show a seat assignment, or offer me a way to
select a seat.

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or
at time of advance checkin online?

Some Airlines have seating policies where early seat selection is limited to
frequent flyers, holders of flexible and first class tickets and those with
special needs. "Free for all" seat selection opens up around 1 to 3 days
before the flight.

Best to check on Air France's website or ring/email them to clarify whether
this applies.

--
Peter X-Files fan

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message AES
was claimed to have wrote:

In article ,
John Doe wrote:

AES wrote:

Is this normal? No seat assignment until checkin at the airport? Or at
time of advance checkin online?

Have you tried to call Air France on old fashioned telephone system and
ask them about it ?

Had so many bad experiences any time I've tried to call a large
commercial organization in recent years (endless phone trees, often no
useful outcome at the end) that I've more or less given up on that.

If I don't get a seat assignment at advance checkin online (30 hours in
advance, not 24, in Air France's case), I may nonetheless try calling.

I'd use a modern phone though, an old fashioned phone will probably only
support pulse rather then touch-tone dialing, most IVRs only support
tones.
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Apr 13, 11:57*am, "Trust No OneŽ" wrote:

Best to check on Air France's website or ring/email them to clarify whether
this applies.

Last two times I flew AF, I had the seat assigned by phone. And then,
when it came to the check-in, my choice was ignored.

jrk

--
Peter X-Files fan